Highlighted
Rookie

TWC TV App Constantly Crashing on XBOXONE since JUly 2016 update

can somebody help me to figure out why the TWC TV app is crashing every 5 minutes or so since the update this past week?

is this something that other users are experiencing or that you are aware of at all?

this is incredibly frustrating and it is the only option i have in my bedroom so far as live TV is concerned... would hate to have to uninstallt he app and start downloading what i watch- work with me here guys!!

thank you!!

30 REPLIES
Spectrum Employee

Re: TWC TV App Constantly Crashing on XBOXONE since JUly 2016 update

Can you make sure all your software is up to date (Xbox firmware, TWC App, etc)

If it is, do a full reboot of the Xbox by holding the power button on the front for about 10 seconds, then wait 30 seconds before turning it back on.

If that hasn't helped anything, uninstall the TWC TV app from the Xbox, and re-install it fresh.

I am a Spectrum employee but my posts are my own thoughts and opinions
Rookie

trying this... will elt u know how it plays out. Thanks!!

Rookie

XBOXONE - No updates

TWC App - Update seems to have caused the problem

etc- there is no etc

Full REboot - Didnt Work

Uninstall / Reinstall seems to be working to this point... will reach back out if it crashes again

THANK YOU

Rookie

the uninstall / reinstall does not seem to have helped... it prolonged the crash but it literally just crashed again...

thoughts?

Spectrum Employee

At this time I'm not seeing any currently known issues with the App and Xbox but I'll keep looking and let you know if I find anything that might help.

Rookie

thats it? fall back to a script?

this is something that is provided to me as a customer which means that the cost of it is factored into my bill- what are you going to do to help to rectify the situation rather than just falling back to a script about known outages?

you STILL havent answered my quesiton regaridng whether or not your seeing this on a broader basis...

time to escalate i guess....

Spectrum Employee

It wasn't a script, I made that statement based on reviewing any other reports of this issue and yours is the first I have seen. Also, TWC TV is a free feature of your service, it is not factored into your billing, It is a convenience that we offer to our customers. We can only guarantee the service through our standard equipment for viewing cable.

Escalating is not a bad idea as I am here on a volunteer basis and can't submit your issue in an official way. The forum moderators would have to do that as I am unable to gather your account information from here to link it.

I have never and will never go off a script. I may repeat some things with the same verbage in certain scenarios, but TWC does not provide scripts to their agents. I can't speak for any of our vendor partners as I myself have heard scripted answers from them.

So, in short, I am not seeing your issue on a broader basis, but again I was going to keep an eye out for any similar issues from customers and agents I speak with and provide any updates to you here as I get them. Again, I am here on my own time, not company time, so I apologize if my help has not been sufficient for your needs to this point.

Newcomer

I am also seeing this issue and it also coordinates with the recent update. Before the update we could semi-reliably watch TV crashing less frequently then now, mostly when attempting to watch onDemand.

I respectively disagree that this service is merely a convenience provided to the customer. This is one of the reason we chose TWC and it is a feature that truly is included in our billing. This is evident through all the advertising that includes images of all types of devices displaying TWC services on them. It is also an advertisement in the current spot light on the main TWC services page, not to mention a highlighted feature in the package options for TV subscriptions as well as the marketing promise to "Watch live TV and onDemand - on any device" which states XboxOne being one of the devices. So, TWC is advertising that this functionality comes with and is included in the service subscription that the customer is paying for each month. 

Not guaranteeing it's reliably would be like Amazon saying that prime video comes with the prime subscription but they don't guarantee that you can watch it because your really paying for the free 2 day shipping and it is only provided as a convenience.

Also, please stop working for free. Doing so does not bring any benefit to your life, please value your personal time.

Observer

This is indeed an issue, this app does not work since the update this past week. The App crashes during commercial breaks, it appears to crash at the time that the pushed TWC ads normally come on.  This is every 15 minutes for me.  The old version worked fine.  Please fix this, it's not a fluke and everyone I know who uses the TWC app on XBOX One is having the same issue.  I called in last Thursday to report this. The ticket number is 23867335.

Please revert to the old app, this app is unworkable.