Established Sharer

Re: TWC APP on Fire TV / Fire Stick

tommylup wrote:

Time Warner rep was at my house this morning and recommended Roku for an additional TV we have instead of paying for a another cable box, said you can stream using the Time Warner / Spectrum app and is quite simple to set-up.  Went to Best Buy and the sales person insisted I buy fire TV stick because it was better with voice command.  Bad news, it's not compaible with Time Warner / Spectrum...voice command doesn't even recognize.  Back to Best Buy tomorrow, I should have listened to the cable rep.

Yep...Spectrum TV app is not available on the Fire Stick. Roku devices are super easy to use and are less buggy.

I am having the same problem right now with my fire stick with Time Warner Spectrum just spent over an hour with some guy in India who kept calling it Charter said that fire stick is no longer available with Time Warner Spectrum also if you go through Google or any of those things you will be charged extra. Just happened to me today. For starz, Cinemax and epics. don't waste your time they tell you to buy a Roku well I'm terminally ill and don't have money to buy a Roku when Time Warner Cable Spectrum while I was signing up for them I asked them about the fire stick and they said it is compatible. If you only wanted to be compatible with HBO then you're in luck. They actually lied to me. I told them that the time I could not afford to buy any other device and before I signed with them I wanted to make sure fire stick was compatible with all channels because I receive all of their channels at a steep price. They reassured me it was just fine. Yet I'm finding things from last year, mine was just this last May I signed up, that are stating the same problems I'm having. All I can say is call or chat on your phone and they will have a call back for you from customer service which will probably not solve anything but it's my last resort. If anything happens I will let you know have a good day

How much was the Roku
Established Sharer

tink2558 wrote:
How much was the Roku

There are various models but they start out around $35.

I am referring to the Spectrum TV app not available on Fire TV; the individual apps from the networks (HBO Go, CNN, TBS, AMC, etc.) should all work on a Fire TV with your existing Spectrum login info.

While you can (I have) sideload the Spectrum TV app to Fire TV - http://www.aftvnews.com/sideload/   Note whenever there is an update to the app you need to reinstall.   Also, it is helpful to have a keyboard and mouse attached to the FireTV for the app to work properly.

What I don't understand is why Spectrum does not understand how popular Fire TV's are - they are missing out on a huge market.   To ignore Amazon is stupid.   Maybe they'll actually look into market share and see they are missing out......

Established Sharer

kevallen wrote:

What I don't understand is why Spectrum does not understand how popular Fire TV's are - they are missing out on a huge market.   To ignore Amazon is stupid.   Maybe they'll actually look into market share and see they are missing out......

...and Apple TV.  It's all about contractual agreements though and Roku has the contract.

Newcomer

You only get the gift card if you pay your bill on time. Any late payment forfeits the card.
Newcomer

Drop that modem and go buy your own. Takes 10 15 mins to switch out. Just be sure to call tech support after switching so you can let them add your modem to the system and it works.
Newcomer

You can buy an off brand android box like NEXBOX and put the spectrum tv app on it along with AMAZON prime. You can use slingtv, hulu and any other tv channel app.
Spectator

How do you know "In the end the difference is all due to contractual obligations." Where did this info come from???