Newcomer

Re: TWC APP on Fire TV / Fire Stick

I have the Fire TV not stick and haven't found the Spectrum App nor have I found a Time Warner app
Established Sharer

sarahruss2014 wrote:
I have the Fire TV not stick and haven't found the Spectrum App nor have I found a Time Warner app

Fire TV and Fire Stick are both not supported. The Fire tablet is supported.  For the set top streaming box/stick class of devices, ONLY Roku has the app available. 

Browser

[ Edited ]

I started this topic back in July of last year.   I finally gave up on Amazon adding Spectrum TV app to the Fire TV.  I ended up getting a Roku Premiere+ for the upstairs bedroom TV.  I put the Spectrum TV app on there and can now watch cable again!  The shortcomings are definitely the image quality (expected HD but not all of the stations appear that way - and yes, I have a 1080 Full HD TV) and the biggest one of them all... I am unable to watch my recorded shows from within the app.  Hopefully the latter can be resolved?  Like if they ever go to a Cloud-based DVR solution.  I sure hope so!

My recommendation is get a Roku Player v4 and up.

Browser

[ Edited ]

The only issue that I am facing is that Time Warner - Spectrum is almost never listed as a valid provider for the other app channels that I add, like CNN Go, FreeForm, etc...  Why is that?  Why isn't TW - Spectrum listed?

Established Sharer

TWC never had an agreement in place with those networks. Until all of the current agreements in place expire, are renegotiated, and the integration into Charter is fully complete it won't happen for legacy TWC customers.

Spectator

[ Edited ]

Wow... reading through this, I am a bit saddened...

Back story- My aunt got herself a Fire TV stick; she has Spectrum (previously TWC...).  So.. we.. or I was able to set up the Fire TV info and Netflix info.  The problem came when she wants to watch cable tv it's <edited> to switch from Fire (set to HDMI on TV) to Spectrum Cable easily.  Does anyone know of a very quick very easy way to do this.  She is in her 70s- sharp mind but gets impatient and frustrated with technology (I can't blame her lol).  She has the Spectrum UR5U 8780L remote control, Fire Stick is already connected to her WiFi.

So... trying to see if there's a way to at least have a happy co existence of Fire TV and Spectrum cable easily accessible and switchable via 1 remote (and Fire still uses Alexa remote).

Geesh.  (no.. we won't be getting Roku- I'm not putting her through that Smiley Wink ).

Thank you in advance!

QA Mainframe tester looking for work
Newcomer

I'm trying to figure this out now also. Frustrating!

Sorry but i have tried to look for the app on my xbox 360 and no such app exist 

Jpe
Newcomer

Apparently, you can sideload Google play and use Android apps on the firetv . Haven't tried it yet, but it looks promising. Also you can enable screen mirroring and just cast from your tablet or phone.

Newcomer

Time Warner rep was at my house this morning and recommended Roku for an additional TV we have instead of paying for a another cable box, said you can stream using the Time Warner / Spectrum app and is quite simple to set-up.  Went to Best Buy and the sales person insisted I buy fire TV stick because it was better with voice command.  Bad news, it's not compaible with Time Warner / Spectrum...voice command doesn't even recognize.  Back to Best Buy tomorrow, I should have listened to the cable rep.