Re: Servicability Request

Hey everyone help request that they add the spectrum tv app to the streaming devices ,like amazon firestick.thats all I had to add thanks :-)
Newcomer

Re: TWC APP on Fire TV / Fire Stick

To restate what I believe I understood you to say... If I buy a Roku Streaming Stick (3600) and plug it into my not-smart Sony TV I will be able to watch my TV in the same manner as I watch the one connected to the cable box since I have WiFi.  Thank you!

Sharer

kparker63 wrote:

To restate what I believe I understood you to say... If I buy a Roku Streaming Stick (3600) and plug it into my not-smart Sony TV I will be able to watch my TV in the same manner as I watch the one connected to the cable box since I have WiFi.  Thank you!

Correct...mostly. 

Rookie

NOT on all Samsung Smart TV's.  I have a 2016, TWC app worked, Spectrum app does NOT.  TWC told me that Samsung Smart TV's after 2015 do not work with the new app.  They haven't written the software yet.

Newcomer

We need a fire tv twc app

N/A

Just today April 2017, at the Spectrum Service Store, the service rep convinced me I could eliminate the cable boxes by using the SpectrumTV App on my FireTV or FireStick.   Not so, never has been so apparently.       Now with 3 TVs and no cable.     And no need for that extra Firestick I just ordered.     Back to the store.  Arggh.  Somebody train these people please!

I was told the same thing, and it doesn't work. Although on my Amazon Fire Tablet it works, yet I use my firestick for everything. I hate that it doesn't work because just about every household has one.
Sharer

The problem is that people in general are not as technically minded as most of us here seem to be.  Take for instance my significant other who doesn't understand why we can watch the app on our iPhones but not the Apple TV, or the reps that don't understand the difference between the Fire tablets and the sticks or streaming boxes.  The two different class of devices don't get differentiated in their minds.

In the end the difference is all due to contractual obligations. I'm sure Roku paid a hefty sum to be the exclusive provider on streaming devices in the class of Roku, Apple TV, Fire, and Chromecast.

Browser

The app is only available on OLDER Samsung smart tv's.  It will not work on newer sets.
It seems like Samsung and Spectrum has some sort of a scam going on, as you sign up with Spectrum thinking you won't need a set-top box with your Samsung tv, or you buy a Samsung tv thinking you won't need to rent another set-top box because you can use the app. Most of the time, neither one will work unless you have an older Samsung (2012 - 2016, and not all models).

Newcomer

That's not true. I have the Kindle Fire TV and there isn't an app for Spectrum.