Newcomer

Re: TWC APP on Fire TV / Fire Stick

I have Roku on one TV and Firestick on another.  The TWC app works very well on Roku. I get live TV, on demand, etc.  Picture is pretty good.  

Firestick? Useless. Amazon-centric and the TWC app is not available in their app store.  Roku has a wider range of apps and programming. I still have a cable box, but don't need two as the TWC app works very well on my  Roku (on tv in other room). 

Firestick was a failed experiment, and not just because it doesn't carry TWC.  Overall,  it has much fewer channels (as we used to call them).  It doesn't even play videos from my Amazon drive very well.  It does play Amazon Videos well. Those cost unless you have prime where you get videos from a zillion years ago. 

Go with Roku. Haven't tried Chromcast.

Newcomer

by a ROKU, I use it in the bedroom with a time warner app

Newcomer

Newcomer

I just bought a brand new Samsung Smart TV and it does not support the TWC TV App.  Very disappointed.  

Newcomer

Roku 2 and 3 are literally the same except for the remote, so if you don't care about voice commands and motion controls for certain games you should go for that. 

Rookie

I have a Roku from the Sling TV deal and a Fire TV Stick from the Directv Now deal. Sling TV did not have enough channels for my better half and because of all of the issues with the DTVN launch, I decided to stay with TWC for the immediate future. I have been trying to find out from TWC and Amazon as to when the TWC app will be on the Fire TV Stick. Both have told me it is coming soon, but until I see it, I don't believe it is coming soon. Why is it on Fire TV but not the FIre TV Stick? This would be a move to help consumers and be a positive move for TWC. Is TWC listening to customers? I don't know, but I can't find anything on their website stating anything regarding this issue. I can't believe it is that difficult to add to another streaming device. I'm going to try Playstation Vue next week. And it's on both devices. 

dsl
Newcomer

When will the twc app be available on Fire TV? Why is TWC not a provider for the apps for TNT, TBS, Disney, etc  on the Fire TV.

Established Sharer

I have been trying to find out from TWC and Amazon as to when the TWC app will be on the Fire TV Stick. Both have told me it is coming soon, but until I see it, I don't believe it is coming soon. Why is it on Fire TV but not the FIre TV Stick?

It's not available on Fire TV either.

When will the twc app be available on Fire TV?

$$$ ... TWC has an exclusive deal with Roku for set top boxes.

Newcomer

Is there any effort to get the App available on Amazon fire sticks/tv ? 

Everyone's Tags (2)
Established Sharer

myco7 wrote:

Is there any effort to get the App available on Amazon fire sticks/tv ? 

Not until the exclusive deal with Roku expires AND they decide not to renew it.