Newcomer

Re: TWC APP on Fire TV / Fire Stick

[ Edited ]
Sorry, but this is not a true statement. I just bought a brand-new Samsung smart TV and the TWC app is not supported. TWC told me to get a fire stick or a ROKU 3 or 4. Was going to get the fire stick, but after reading other post's about it not working, I think I will try the ROKU. Was also told that it has to be a ROKU. 3 or 4.
Rookie

[ Edited ]
Just as a FYI, Roku 3, 4 and the sticks will work only if you have TWC internet service. On the Rokus,TWC wont even allow you to view the limited channel line up like on your mobile phone or tablets if your not using their service due to how Rokus are designed and need full access to the internet. Further information below.

Technically for you to view your full line up without using TWC internet service, you need to call their tech department and ask for a TV Modem to be installed. Its free and is the same type of modem you would get if you were a paying customer for their Internet Service. Once installed you will have to connect to their wireless modem with your phone, tablets and/or computer and the app will recognize that your on your home network and will have the full line up with having a different isp. That being said though, you wont have access to the internet outside your home. From my understanding TWC adds their modem to their MAC database and then filters only the streaming content to your modem. This is why Rokus wont work if you dont have TWC internet as Rokus need full access to the net.

I myself bought several Rokus in hopes to eliminate the box rental fees but my plan backfire now realizing Rokus wont work for me as i dont have TWC internet service.

Its a bit ridiculous how TWC is soo protective with the the cable theft issue. There are so many other tv/entertainment services which follows a subscription service doesnt seem to have an issue (netflix, sling TV, ect) All the cable companies today really need to think out of the box and not during the dinosaur era with creating a new type of cable subscription service where you can view your full line anywhere and on any of the major platforms. In addition, can you imagine if TWC would be the first cable company to build a subscription based service where you dont need their internet service nor even be in their covered area. Their cable and phone services would not be limited to phyiscal locations anymore. In addition, if they drop their prices, they would pull in alot more revenue as this type of subscription service would be very competitive in the market and an opportunity to gaib more customers.

TWC please stop thinking about your services in 2 dimentional world and think outside the box.
Newcomer

Not true! Newer Sumsung smart tvs are not supported. I purchased on based on comments like this, and was VERY disappointed. Fix this TW. Make your app more available. Take care of your customers

Observer

Just as a FYI- there is a way to get around the need for TW internet

I have TW cable and FIOS internet in my home . to use the TWC Tv app on tablets and rokus i had to keep switching device WIFI from the fios router to the TWC video only router which was annoying.

I discovered howver that the TWC modem accesses only a small range of IP addresses for all of the TWC TV apps channels and on demand progamin.

I set the TWC  and Fios modems both behind my router and have the router send all traffic for the TWC address range to that modem and the rest to fios. Best of both worlds- with new TWC TV app update can now shrink the TV to PIP and be searching internet through fios simultaneosly. also while not supported all later gen roku 1-4 can use the twc tv app albiet slowl loads with less powerful devices

N/A

My new Roku Streaming Stick (3600) works great.  Glad I bought it and not Firestick. 

Rookie

I also had a TWC rep recommend using Fire stick to replace my cable box.  Since there are several examples of this mentioned on this thread, one has to ask, why are TWC reps recommending this when it doesn't actually work?  Who is giving them this information to pass on to customers?

Newcomer

Is  there a time table for when it will be available on the AMZN fire stick?

Newcomer

Firestick and Firestick 2 owner here - no TWC app available.

Hi @exeternal,

You can view the available supported devices for the apps at: Apps . 

Thank you for participating in the Forums.

Regards,
Stephanie S.
Social Media Customer Care
Moderator - Community Forums

Newcomer

This, in fact, doesn't work. TWC blocks access to most TV everywhere apps. They want to force use of their on demand channels through the app. But the app runs horribly on my Rokus.