Proven Sharer

Re: Spectrum TV for FIRE STICK

While I agree with your point, fact is at current time the Spectrum TV app is only available on a Roku device (in the streaming device class of products such as Fire Stick/TV, Apple TV, etc.). On video game consoles it is available on Xbox One and not Playstations or Wii. It is available on select Samsung smart tvs but not Sony, Visio, etc. Personally I would love for the app to be available on the Apple TV.

Search the forums for this topic and you'll see instructions on how the app can be sideloaded on a Fire Stick if you have the technical knowledge and patience to use it that way. 

Newcomer

Re: TWC APP on Fire TV / Fire Stick

can you advise how you sideloaded to a Vizio? 

Newcomer

any idea how to do this with an iphone? tx!

Newcomer

Is Spectrum going to offer it on Firestick?

Browser

If Spectrum was going to make an official answer they would have done before now. Rumor is Roku paid moeny for exclusive access to the app, which while I have seen no proof, makes sense, fits the facts, so is probably true. Only wish I knew the terms. Is it exclusive for 2 years for exclusive for as long as Roku keeps paying? If it's a short term exclusivity than a Fire TV app might be upcoming.

As for the iPhone it's completely different. You would need a jailbroken iPhone and a copy of a previously working app which I'm not sure there is. However if you have both things you'd surely know how to get them to work without having to ask here. You wouldn't jailbreak an iPhone for any other reason. 

Valued Participant

the entire roku arugment is completre falicy and bull

because the spectrum app is avaiable on firetablets and every other single android device.

for whatever backwards reason the fire-stick is the oddman out 

all they are doing by having this dickwaving contenst is making people switch to sling 

Browser

Tablets and phones aren't direct competitors to Roku. Fire TV, Android TV, and Apple TV are, and there are no working apps for any of them?

Even the app for a tablet or phone won't work if you use your HDMI out and try to play it on your television.
Rookie

I downloaded the app2fire app and now have spectrum on my firestick. However I cannot get the sound to work. I have also paired bluetooth remote to the fire stick but can't get it to go on the mute icon so I can clcik on it.  Help!  Thanks