Observer

TWC APP on Fire TV / Fire Stick

[ Edited ]

I recently switched from Dish to Time Warner on July 15th.  When setting up the appointment a few weeks prior, the Time Warner representative said that to avoid the additional box in the bedroom to use the TWC app.  When I told them that it wasn't a Smart TV (I use the Fire TV box v2) they said to download the TWC app.  Much to my surprise that it didn't exist in the Fire TV app marketplace.  After researching on-line, I found a way to side-load it using Apps2Fire.  However, when I run the TWC app from my Fire TV I get an error that HDMI is not supported.  Having a hard time accepting Time Warner would suggest something that doesn't actually work.  So it's the 26th now and I still don't have this resolved.  Significant Other is getting extremely frustrated that she can't watch cable in the bedroom!

37 REPLIES
Participant

Re: TWC APP on Fire TV / Fire Stick

It works on Roku.  That may be part of the confusion.  The rep. may not be familiar with Fire.

Expert

Doesn't yet exist on our fire box either, but there's a load of different programming that TWC doesn't offer.. However no local stations. I'd put an antenna on the set and do a scan for them

Woman Mad

Rookie

Alternatively, you can try using the network apps if available (TNT, NBC, HBO GO, FX), if they are available.  If you subscribe to the channel any apps associated with that network should be able to be used with your TWC ID. Hope this suits as a workaround.

Observer

Adding those channel apps or using the antenna would work. The biggest issue with the Fire TV and the TWC app is we want to watch the DVR and can't.

Side loaded the app but get an hdmi not supported error when I try to watch a station.

When is TW going to support FireTV? The sooner the better I hope.
Observer

The rep confused Fire TV with Fire tablet. Which BTW is supported. Another head scratcher. Both are Amazon products.
Rookie

TWC rep told me the same thing that I can use my fire TV to avoid more cable boxes... found out that I cant. He even showed me on his ipad that amazon had the app; apparently its only for the tablet?? He showed it very quickly, I didnt read the screen.

And I also specifically asked if I can just run the cable line direct to the TV at least to get the local/minimum channels in the other rooms.

I have two tv's with no cable now. 

Who's to hol d accountable ?? Guess it falls on the customer.

And the 89.99 triple bundle is 99.99 with the cost of the modem/router.  My receipt says otherwise but TWC doesnt honor what the rep. wrote.

I just let verizon/frontier go, thought I was getting a better deal.

I'm at least hoping for the best, I "should" be getting a $300 visa gift card for switching. Not holding my breath.

No wonder so many people are turning to KODI!

Annnnd, the rep try to sell me on a higher cable package: MLB and NFL included for $10 more per month. Yeah right...I knew better that to buy that. It is very convincing though because its printed in their brochure. But its not the real deal. Its a bit deceiving.

Observer

I got the same response from TW customer rep when I switched from Direct TV to TWC. They try to sell it. When I called again they other customer rep told me that the 1st one may not know that what devices support this app. Then why they make such statements if they are not sure. This is really disappointing that this big company is using these cheap tactics to sell it's products.

The TWC TV® app is available on these platforms: Apple iOS, Android™, Kindle Fire & HDX, PC/MAC, ROKU®, Xbox 360®, Xbox One™, and Samsung Smart TVs.

You can watch on iPads, iPhones, smartphones and tablets as well as the devices listed above. Apologies if you were told differently. For further questions regarding the Mobile app, the following LINK can be referenced for self help options. 

Respectfully,

Melissa O. 

TWC Community Forum Moderator

Observer

That is a sound workaround, but I noticed yesterday when I tried to do this that Time Warner was no longer a valid service provider.  Is it because they are changing to Spectrum?