Newcomer

Re: Amazon Fire Stick

Did you look for a Charter or TWC listed sometimes I have found Spectrum is not the listed name, just a thought.

Helper

Roku is the only supported set top streaming device outside of select Samsung smart tvs and the Xbox One.  Roku paid for this exclusivity and until that deal expires there will be no support for Fire TV, Apple TV, Chromecast, or any other streaming device. 

Lead Moderator

Good afternoon.

Although our Spectrum TV application does not support the Fire Stick there are 

some of our partner applications that do.  You can see those here: 

Exclusive Spectrum Apps & Partner Apps

Regards,
Julia R.
Spectrum-Social Media Customer Care
Lead Moderator-Community Forums

Rookie

Which partner applications? Many are listed on that page. I know for a fact that AMC is not supported, yet it's listed on that page. More information, please.

Lead Moderator

Each channel App lists what devices they are supported on. AMC is online only.

It is my understanding ( I do not use The Fire Stick or Android devices myself) that 

If it says Fire TV it would work with the Fire Stick. There are not many on the list

but there are some. 

For instance: 

Watch live sports and great shows from FOX Sports, FOX Sports 1, and FOX Sports 2 with the FOX Sports GO app.
FOX Sports GO

Download: App Store | Google Play

Watch Online

More Information: Windows 8 | Kindle Fire | Fire TV

Newcomer

There really is no excuse why Spectrum doesn't allow their app on the fire stick. 

Get with the program Spectrum and turn it on!

Browser

I can find no means to watch Spectrum on the Amazon Fire TV and I've tried everything I can imagine, and some I can't. 

Short of becoming a developer who can decompile the app and take out a check for the HDMI output being in use (which it must be on a FIre TV) don't see it happenig unless Spectrum changes their mind. 

Browser

Especially since Time Warner Cable customers were already using our Fire TV's for cable TV until I was forced to upgrade to the Spectrum app and then the app tells me it doesn't work on this device. Is Spectrum under no obligation to honor the advertisements of compatibility TWC made prior to the sale? 
At this point I would consider buying a Roku but what garuntee do I have Spectrum won't kill that app next week like they killed the Fire TV app? None, apparently. 

Helper

Roku paid good money to make sure they are the only platform the app is available on this class of device.  As a consumer, we have no visibility as to the terms of these agreements so yes, you have no guarantees.

Highlighted
Browser

Apparently even if you buy a Roku just for the app it still doesn't work if you're not using Spectrum for Internet which I never would. I didn't mind TWC limiting the channels I could see because it looked like I was  "away from home" even when I wasn't, but the Roku app says it won't work at all if not hooked up to the Spectrum provided internet account.