Spectator

Re: TWC APP on Fire TV / Fire Stick

reds91185 wrote:

kevallen wrote:

What I don't understand is why Spectrum does not understand how popular Fire TV's are - they are missing out on a huge market.   To ignore Amazon is stupid.   Maybe they'll actually look into market share and see they are missing out......

...and Apple TV.  It's all about contractual agreements though and Roku has the contract.

How do you know this is a contractual agreement? 

Newcomer

Sideloaded the most recent app to my Fire TV Stick and it is not functional.  I cannot access most functions, including properly setting up the resolution or even selecting a show to watch (I can see the live video in the guide, but not select it).

Newcomer

We cancelled Spectrum cable about 4 months ago and just kept internet and been using SlingTV since. Last week Spectrum called me on the phone and offered a month of Spectrum Stream for free and was told that it works on both the Amazon Fire TV stick and LG smart tv’s. I figured it was free for a month, why not compare them.

I knew I should of hung up on Spectrum when they called last week.

First, there is no excuse for not knowing what devices the app is available on or worst just blatantly lying about its availability. And they have been going this for over a year?!?

Second, I just spent nearly 30 minutes on the phone with Spectrum trying to cancel Stream. They suggested we buy Roku’s For each TV or hookup our laptop up to our tv’s to watch Stream....seriously? Why not just add Stream to more platforms if you really want people to try it out?

However, at this point I don’t care if they add it to Amazon Fire tomorrow, I would not sign up for it. This experience with Spectrum customer service was a reminder why I cancelled their service in the first place.
Established Sharer

There is no excuse for the CSRs to not know this information. The Spectrum TV app is heavily advertised so it's not like it's a niche product that nobody uses.

Newcomer

ok, i spent some time figuring out how to get the Spectrum TV on my firestick AND getting it   to work! First, to get it on  your firestick, you need to download the  app called APPS2FIRE. this will put any app  on your phone on your firestick. there is a you tube video that will explain the hows- and yeah it worked!   down load it and dowload the SpectrumTV app on to  your phone as well- warning- I could not find the APPS2FIRE on my iphone, so i had to use my daughters adroid.

when you bring up the STV app on th fire stick, it shrinks/ stretechs. to get it to come up full screen, pick a channel, then tab up to the search  area top right, hit it, watch nothhing come up, then tab  back!  the LH return/back  arrow on your firestick remote --tada full screen!

now, to get the SOUND to work, you will need to either A- link  a bluetooth mouse to your Firestick or download the "mouse" ap- another good your tube video- click on muted sound  icon in upper Lh  of teh screen screen and tada! sound!  - i know this is very tedious and its not user friendly, but at least i got it to work for now or until SPECTRUM fixes these issues

Spectator

I received the same advise when I signed up with Spectrum. The rep told me I could use a fire stick to stream to my alternate TV. Obviously customer service or knowledge has not improved since spectrum too over TWC. NO ATTENTION TO DETAIL.
Highlighted
Rookie

Still no luck.  There's a "TWC bacon" app that just fails to load. What is that???