Rookie

Spectrum tv app does not work on samsung smart tv

I like many others have troubles with this app on my tv. I have checked compatibility it is compatible so i download to no avail. From the second i downloaded it has not worked all i ever get is a startup error with code scf-1003 telling me to try again later. No clue why it wont work probably the same reason my other services dont work half the time. There is an outage in your area is a very popular response that i am quite tired of hearing. I just want the stuff i pay for to work or i dont wanna pay for it plain and simple. Seems to me im not the only one that seems to have that bad taste in my mouth after signing up for services. Can someone please tell me how to fix this stupid app
5 REPLIES
Expert

Re: Spectrum tv app does not work on samsung smart tv

Copy and paste the modems signal level and error log pages.

What model router?

Are you a TWC legacy or a new Spectrum customer?

I assume you're using an ethernet not wireless connection. Wireless has encryption issues.

What year is the Samsung? If it's less than a year old, the Samsung has an issue and they should be contacted as their latest  firmware doesn't support the ap.

Newcomer

Same issue. I reset smart hub, redownloaded the spectrum app and it started working again.

Expert

Is your set more than a year old? a R&R seems to fix those , not so much with 2017's....

Rookie

It is more than a year old. It is wireless it is strong enough to strem from other application with no issue. I am using a cisco router not the arris modem i got from spectrum. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app a couple of times. I dont understand because it doesnt eben give me an opportunity to try to sign in. It just goes straight to the error and i can find no info on the error code it gives
Highlighted
Expert

Run an ethernet cable and reset it again