Rookie

Spectrum/TWC App nightmare!

Dear Spectrum, formerly TWC, TV:

I fear our long-term relationship is coming to an end. For the past 30 years, I have remained a faithful customer. Sure we have had our ups and downs, but I have remained faithful, turning away other suitors (Direct, Dish, and Cincinnati Bell Fiber Optics) when they have come calling. Since you changed your name to Spectrum, you have stopped trying to work on our relationship. I understand there will be problems as you merge your Spectrum services with TWC, but I thought you would want me to stay with you. Unfortunately, there have been many problems, and when I try to talk to you, you simply brush me off. Recently, my ability to watch my shows has been seriously hampered on average two to three times a week. I realize this is a ‘first world’ problem, but I pay over $150.00 a month for cable/internet/landline services so I feel I have a right to ‘complain’. Saturday, July 1, 2017 was one of those days when I was unable to access my usual cable stations. I called and was connected to Abby a customer service representative. I explained the many times I have been unable to access my cable stations, and in my frustration, I told Abby I was thinking about switching to another provider. Abby told me she would connect me to someone who could help me, and switched my to the disconnect department! Suffering from ‘too big to fail’ syndrome, it appears it is less work to lose customers than to help fix the problem.

I am loyal like a St. Bernard, but work too hard to waste my money. So Spectrum TV, the ball is in your court. Contact me, listen to me, be a problem solver, and keep me as a faithful, long-term customer. Regards,

6 REPLIES
Established Sharer

Re: Spectrum/TWC App nightmare!

What is the actual problem you have been having lately? Someone here may be able to help you get to the bottom of it but we need some details.

Rookie

In the past, I had adapters on TVs that do not have the DVR /cable box. A TWC rep told me the adapters were being discontinued, and I needed to use the app for those TVs. I purchased Roku sticks (which work fine). Unfortunately 2-3 times a week, the app is not working properly; unavailable,  basic cable channels missing etc. It is hours before the app is up and running properly again.  It is very frustrating to turn on the kitchen TV to watch the news in the morning, and only 5-10 channels are available on the app. I have call TWC CS multiple times, but just get switch from department to department. I simple want to be able to watch the TV I pay for.  I appreciate your response to my post, and any assistance you can provide.  Regards, 

Established Sharer

The boards here are full of people having similar issues when using the Spectrum app. I personally use the app on one tv in my house and have never noticed the problem, but others sometimes fix it (assuming it isn't a server or a software issue) by rebooting the modem and the Roku device. I know that isn't a long term sustainable solution though. The main issue seems to be on Spectrum's side of things and they really need to ensure the product is stable. The problem seems to have gotten worse since the TWC TV app migrated to the Spectrum app.

Rookie

Thank you for your quick response. I guess I find some comfort in knowing I am not alone with this issue. I have, on occasion, 'fixed' it by rebooting everything, but it is time consuming and frustrating... sometimes I don't have time to mess with it! I agree I didn't have an issue prior to the TWC and Spectrum app merge. It would be nice if Spectrum/TWC would admit there is a problem, instead of transfering the caller to various departments. Being transfered to the disconnect department was a slap in the face. I really wish I hadn't given up my adapters...the $3.50 a month per adapter was worth it for frustration-free viewing. Thanks again! Regards, ~bhbeep

Established Sharer

Those digital adapters are going away completely in favor of either the app streamed over a Roku or a full fledged set top box.  I think a non-DVR box is $4.99 a month under Spectrum.

I have experienced similar problems with the Spectrum app on my new Samsung 40" 4K Smart TV.  Within past week, several times I have been unable  to access chanels 1-100 which means for my area, no local TV stations.

Used TWC app on Roku for years w/o any issues like this.  Since Spectrum took over, problems have arisen.  As they are the only game in my town, I have no serious options.  Satellite and telephone line simply don't cut it anymore.

Perhaps I should learn how to read books again Smiley Happy