Rookie

Re: Spectrum TV App on FireStick

Hi

I was able to get the Spectrum TV app to work on a firestick and I downloaded a mouse to move around. But I cant scroll at all. What did you exactly do so that you can get to other stations located down the list

Rookie

The firestick can connect to a bluetooth device. That device is supposed to be a bluetooth scrolling mouse. I got mine on eBay. I paired it to the firestick through the stick's menu. Once paired, you get a curson on the screen. Go to the guide, and put the cursor on it , click on it and scroll down with the scroll wheel on the mouse. My mouse was a rechargeable one, so no batteries to mess with. Just like pairing any 2 bluetooth devices, you enable bluetooth on both, and select thje mouse from available bluetooth devices closeby--in this case the mouse should be findable. If the mouse goes to sleep due to inactivity, just move it around it it pairs it automatically. Similar to using it on a tablet or phone with bluetooth capability.

Newcomer

You did not tell any one how to make this happen.

When will Spectrum TV be available for Amazon Fire Stick/Cube?
Newcomer

Agreed. I shut down my sling account and paid for spectrum so I could get local channels easier. Works great on my Roku, but I have 4 fire sticks in my house that I can't use it on. So... As long as I'm going to bed I can watch it. Ridiculous. 

Rookie

Actually that is incorrect! I have been at this for 2.5 hours after doing my own research to find out why the app simply is not available in the app store on my fire tv sticks. After contacting spectrum and being told to download it from their webiste and then that not working due to their system not working at that moment to only be commented to amazon because spectrum told me it was an amazon issue. Then amazon tells me "the reason it does not come up is because the device is not compatable with it ONLY the tablets unless you download it through other sources which is not reccommended" (of course). Well likely opt out of spectrum being that they also do NOT have a contract with LG so I cannot get it on my smart TV either. What a giant wast of time thank God we just started this trial yesterday!

Helper

@Tarin wrote:

Actually that is incorrect! I have been at this for 2.5 hours after doing my own research to find out why the app simply is not available in the app store on my fire tv sticks. After contacting spectrum and being told to download it from their webiste and then that not working due to their system not working at that moment to only be commented to amazon because spectrum told me it was an amazon issue. Then amazon tells me "the reason it does not come up is because the device is not compatable with it ONLY the tablets unless you download it through other sources which is not reccommended" (of course). Well likely opt out of spectrum being that they also do NOT have a contract with LG so I cannot get it on my smart TV either. What a giant wast of time thank God we just started this trial yesterday!

...or buy a $35 Roku stick.

Not applicable

You get how this isn't an actual answer, right? You don't replace all of your hardware just because one piece of software won't work, especially if there's an alternative that does work. You just don't pay for the software that doesn't work (or in this case isn't supported)

For me, I don't subscribe to cable at all, just a (very cheap) internet option. So spectrum keeps sending me promo messages for their streaming-only TV package. I want to sign up, but unless they want to send me a couple roku ultras and a roku stick to replace my fire tvs, I'm going to wait until spectrum makes a fire TV app available. Besides, I can control my fireTVs through Echo devices so even then it would be less convenient. I'd much rather have the free app than all the expensive hardware. But for now it's saving me $37 each month and I doubt I'm the only one. If they don't need the money then I guess we're all better off.
Not applicable

Did you get the “Mirroring Unavailable” error after installing? What is the fix?
Not applicable

Is Spectrum even considering having the app available for Fire Sticks at any time? I agree with many people in here; I would like to move back to spectrum tv but I have a couple places in  my house where I do not have a cable outlet and have only been using my fire tv with DirecTV Now app.