Newcomer

Re: Spectrum TV App on FireStick

So, how do you download and install the app to the fire Stick?

Proven Sharer

@Igasdwwrote:

So, how do you download and install the app to the fire Stick?

Did you read through the other responses on this thread? One user posted instructions that supposedly work for him.  You can try that to see if it works for you too.

Newcomer

I just got spectrum and I have a fire stick in my bedroom could someone help me to find how to get the app so I can watch it in my room?
Rookie

I followed the instructions, but I am getting an error message about mirroring. The app is not alowing playback whe the device is being mirrored through HDMI. Is there a workaround that I am missing for this?

N/A

If you installed the app to the firestick and have the firestick connected directly to a HDMI port on the tv, there should not be any mirroring.  Also make sure yoou turned the USB debugging back OFF when using the spectrum app on the firestick.

N/A

Get the app spectrum from google play and the appstofire app from there too on your android phone or tablet. Get it set up and working on your android device, then use the appstfire to push it to the firestick.
Rookie

@tvfix Thanks for the reply, I had it working on my galaxy s8 before i pushed it over to the firestick which is plugged directly into the TV.  I also made sure debugging was tuned off.  

PCJ
Newcomer

Thank you for providing instructions.  You mentioned needing an android tablet or phone to make this happen.  Does that mean it is not possible at all with an iPad or iPhone, or that you don't know or would not be able to provide instructions for those because you are an android user?

Lead Moderator

Hi Brandon there can be a number of reasons that his happening. 

We are not experiencing this issue on our test devices or personal devices. 

I am also not seeing anything listed in our database for this. 

What device are you using? Do you have this issue on other devices?

Have you recently made any changes to your account? Are you able to view programming

through your set top box or DVR (if you are using one)? 

The first thing we would want to have you do is reboot your modem and router (if you are using a router) Modem first, wait for it to completely reboot then the router.

After that, if you are using a set top box or DVR please also reboot that. Once this is done please remove the app, completely  shut down the device and turn it back on. Re-install the app. 

If you would like to troubleshoot further troubleshoot with our Social Media Customer Care Team they can be reached at :

Twitter: @Ask_Spectrum
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Spectrum

Regards,
Julia R.
Spectrum-Social Media Customer Care
Lead Moderator-Community Forums

Proven Sharer

They are trying to make the app run on Amazon Fire Sticks and Fire TV devices.