Observer

Spectrum TV App on FireStick

I’m tired of everybody saying they can’t get the app on their FS!!! YES U CAN!!!Ok. I have Spectrum TV app on my FireStick and watch it constantly. You will NOT find the app on the amazon download page...nor google play store for the FS.
I was also told VIZIO smart TVs could not stream the app. WRONG AGAIN ! My 60 inch 4K UHDTV display is what I watch my Spectrum App ON!!
I’ve posted throughout these forums explaining how it’s done. And believe me....it’s so simple my 12 yr old did it on her FS as well. If I could post pics, I would show you. 

5 REPLIES
Proven Sharer

Re: Spectrum TV App on FireStick

It's not that you can't do it with some workaround, it's that Spectrum doesn't support it in any official capacity.  I think I can say this with some confidence...most people are not tech savvy enough to do what you say is simple. Trust me, I have a house full of people that have a hard time remembering to press the Input button to watch DVDs.

Newcomer

i side loaded the spectrum app onto a firestick and the menu is extremely stretched and i have to use a cursor app in order to pick anything to watch because there is no scroll ability. once something is playing it is fine, but an actual app for the firestick would be great. id like to scroll and useit as intended. i'd like to know if you jsut downloaded the app to a phone and loaded it from there onto your fs or if there is an actual functioning app you've managed to get

Observer

Yes. My screen is stretched too. And I also had to install a mouse app that runs in the back. Other than that. I use it everyday
Valued Participant

doesn't work even if you sideload the patched version from xda the aspect ratio is all wrong and you may or may not get sound depending on your tv 

and there is no good reason it should't work out of the box other then intentional sabatoge. by specum 

once again cable company behaving like a bunch of spoiled kids and loosing customers for it my area is potentally getting fiber this year ... as soon as it is I am gone switching to sling or other VOD services 

Help Plesse
Ok I just got the fire stick so I could use Spectrum TV thru my fire stick. I know you said you’ve explained how to do it several times, unfortunately I didn’t have the stick so I never got to read your How too messages on how to get Spectrum TV thru a Fired Stick. I used to be very knowledgeable when it came to computers and All of these big screen TV’s and Electronic’s. But since I left the Work field due to my illness, I’ve completely lost all My Saviyness to all electronic’s.. so I’m hoping you can help me. How do I get Spectrum on my TV using the Fire Stick? We just got the the Firestick yesterday. I haven’t even tried hooking it up yet because I wanted to find out from someone like you that knows what their doing the correct way. Could you please help me?
Question # 2 now that I have the fire Stick, do I have to keep the Main Cable box Or can I take it back to the cable company? We have the smaller black boxes for the bedroom TV’s.
# 3.Am I still going to be able to use my WiFi if I return my main cable box?
#4 while watching Spectrum tV thru the Fire Stick on the main TV will I be charged a fre from Spectrum since I’m slready being charged for the little black boxes we use for the TVs in the Bedrooms?
#5 can I just get rid of all the cables boxes from the main box and the two smaller black boxes and just Go buy Two More sticks and Use The Spectrum App too watch TV in all 3 rooms? Any help you can give me is greatly appreciative!!! Thank you so much. If you would rather write me back in an email, please let know as soon as you can so I can send it to you. The sooner I can learn how to get The Fire Stick up and running! Thank you so much. Please email me as soon as you can. Debbieheller2@aol.com