Observer

Spectrum TV App on FireStick

I’m tired of everybody saying they can’t get the app on their FS!!! YES U CAN!!!Ok. I have Spectrum TV app on my FireStick and watch it constantly. You will NOT find the app on the amazon download page...nor google play store for the FS.
I was also told VIZIO smart TVs could not stream the app. WRONG AGAIN ! My 60 inch 4K UHDTV display is what I watch my Spectrum App ON!!
I’ve posted throughout these forums explaining how it’s done. And believe me....it’s so simple my 12 yr old did it on her FS as well. If I could post pics, I would show you. 

61 REPLIES
Helper

Re: Spectrum TV App on FireStick

It's not that you can't do it with some workaround, it's that Spectrum doesn't support it in any official capacity.  I think I can say this with some confidence...most people are not tech savvy enough to do what you say is simple. Trust me, I have a house full of people that have a hard time remembering to press the Input button to watch DVDs.

Newcomer

i side loaded the spectrum app onto a firestick and the menu is extremely stretched and i have to use a cursor app in order to pick anything to watch because there is no scroll ability. once something is playing it is fine, but an actual app for the firestick would be great. id like to scroll and useit as intended. i'd like to know if you jsut downloaded the app to a phone and loaded it from there onto your fs or if there is an actual functioning app you've managed to get

Observer

Yes. My screen is stretched too. And I also had to install a mouse app that runs in the back. Other than that. I use it everyday
Valued Participant

doesn't work even if you sideload the patched version from xda the aspect ratio is all wrong and you may or may not get sound depending on your tv 

and there is no good reason it should't work out of the box other then intentional sabatoge. by specum 

once again cable company behaving like a bunch of spoiled kids and loosing customers for it my area is potentally getting fiber this year ... as soon as it is I am gone switching to sling or other VOD services 

Helper

You should have gotten a Roku instead of a Fire Stick. Spectrum does not support the app on Fire sticks so you MAY OR MAY NOT be able to get it to work.  TV service requires at least one leased device (cable box or CableCard). Wifi has nothing to do with your tv cable boxes.

Rookie

It's very easy to get the app to work on a firestick. #1. Get and install a scrolling bluetooth mouse to the stick. #2. Use an android tablet or phone and get  and install apptofire app. #3. get and install the spectrum app on the tablet or phone. #4. set up the spectrum app by logging in and making sure it works properly on the tablet or phone. never sign out on the app. close the app. #5. Go to the stick's device settings, developers options and turn on both USB debugging and accept apps from outside sources.. #6. get the stick's ip address--such as 192.168,0,17 and input it in the appstofire app. #7. That is where the appstofire  will send the spectrum app. Use appstofire and scroll through all your apps on the tablet or phone and select the spectrum app and click install. That "pushes" the app in a set up and working condition to the stick. #8. go back to  the stick's developers options and turn off the USB debugging.  #9. open the spectrum app that's been loaded on the stick. Skip through the setting favorites and parental settings. Use the mouse to move around and make selections. #10. You arrive at the screen with a "watch TV" bar. Click that. You should get a distorted short screen up top and a loading guide below. Use trhe mouse to select a channel you want by using the scrolling wheel which works very fast. Click on the upper scren and you will bring up some "hidden options which now show. A back arrow in the uper left and a screen expander on the lower right. Click that to get a full screen picture.  It's blurry at first, but goes HD in a second or 2. Sound is turned on/off  in the lower right corner with some other options.  The bluetooth scrolling mouse (I got rechargeable one) is indispensible for using the app. Once working, there is never any reason to sign out, just close the app so it's ready to go when reopened the next time. If and when the app get's updated, just update it on the tablet or phone, then re-push it to the stick again.  Delete the current version first and remember to turn on and back off the usb debugging. The app will NOT work if the debugging is ON. You will get a reminder message about that if it's not correct.

Helper

LOL

You say it's very easy then proceed to have a screen long set of instructions that the average user would never follow. 

Rookie

It took me less than 15 minutes to start from scratch and get it set up and working perfectly since I already had the app working on all my tablets.. It actually works way better than the roku app does for my roku2.  And I had to figure it all out and do it on my own with no prior experience or "tutorial" to begin with. Didn't notice you posting anything better, easier, or shorter that actually worked. Spectrum is still posting that the app will not work on the firestick and I have it working as well as it does on my tablets and it was just a little more complicated than doing it for  the tablet. Sorry about the mispelled appstofire--forgot the s in the plural apps. Regardless, all anyone needs is an android  tablet, google play store and the 2 apps from there,

Observer

If Spectrum can an app for Roku, why not for Amazon Fire stick? Makes no sense not too