Newcomer

Re: Spectrum TV App on FireStick

My firestick shows ADB debugging and not USB.
Rookie

I'm convinced the app, as of version 6.13.1.572497, no longer works on the Firestick at all. I've had it working since last summer, updating it occassionally. Suddenly today it stopped working altogether, and the app refuses to install by any method (direct install, sideload, ftp). The last version I can get to install is 6.11.0.443684, but it won't start without an update. I hope someone finds a way...

Newcomer

please send me the instructions on how you get the spectrum tv app on the amazon firestick?  

email to (edited personal informaiton, please use DM through the forums) . Thanks.

Newcomer

I just followed the instructions and was able to load one app, but not the Spectrum app. I followed all instructions about debugging on/off. My app2fire says it installed successfully, but it never actually shows up on my firestick. ☹️ Any thoughts?
Newcomer

I have the same problem. Everything working fine on 3 different firesticks until the latest version of the Spectrum TV app.

Anybody know what is going on ?

Newcomer

Same deal won't install or update latest app on firestick works on other android devices though.

Not applicable

so if I get rid of cable and just use Spectrum internet, my fire stick will work?

At this time we do not support our Spectrum TV app on the Firestick. If you are using a work around or other way to put the app on the Firestick it will most likely not work properly as we do not make an app to work for the Firestick at this time. 

@barb45324 For your question if you were to get rid of cable service you would not be able to access our app on any device as we require cable TV service of some kind to use our app. You can use any of the other apps available via the Firestick but if they require a cable network login they will not work for you. 

Tyleen
Spectrum-Social Media Customer Care
Forum Moderator

Rookie

Well it was fine up until this point. It's pretty ridiculous that it doesn't work on the Fire Stick only - just one more reason to drop cable altogether, or at least Spectrum.

Highlighted
Newcomer

When will spectrum support firestick?  You support kindles.