Rookie

Spectrum TV App no longer auto starts after Samsung Smart TV restarts

We have a few Samsung Smart TV’s with the Spectrum TV app installed.  For many months the app worked flawlessly without ANY glitches, problems of any kind.  One of the native features with the 2016 Samsung  Smart Tv’s, when you shut the TV down and restart, the last application will always auto launch upon restart.  This feature also applied to the Spectrum TV App until the last application update.  This was a great feature, because when anyone turned the TV on, within a few seconds the last viewing channel would automatically appear just like you would expect from any TV.

Now when you restart the Smart TV you now have to scroll over to the Spectrum App highlight to select it, then launch the application.  I’ve called Spectrum about this, and initially I was told that it was a Samsung TV issue.  After getting in contact with Samsung TV tech support my set was remotely accessed and it was determined this was NOT a Samsung TV issue.   I was then told to contact Spectrum which I did and after being bounce around from Tech to Tech it was confirmed that it was truly a Spectrum TV app issue. 

I was then issued a trouble ticket # 26007872 and was told someone would call with a follow to provide a response, update or resolution.  Since no one called, I decided to call back and this time Tech support informed me that this feature was intentionally disabled with the last update of the Spectrum TV App and no other info was provided.

Does anyone know when or if this feature will once again be enabled or even why it was disabled when it was working fine?

Mr H.

4 REPLIES
Community Manager

Re: Spectrum TV App no longer auto starts after Samsung Smart TV restarts

@calibroker

We apologize for any poor experience.  To elaborate further, the feature was disabled on the  Spectrum TV App because it was causing issues with the responsiveness of the app.  I will pass along your feedback regarding the feature for consideration in future updates.  

James 

Spectrum Social Media Customer Care

Expert

It's probably a samsung issue.. They are notorious for changing firmware and then stuff won't work until there is a new app written. This has gone on for 6 years with them, nothings backward compatable. It will take 3-6 months for a new app.

Next issue is that you should be using a wired ethernet connection , not wireless... Wifi throws 3 other problems into the equation... 

Rookie

James

Thanks for the prompt response and update.  Like I stated previously, we did not have any issues of any kind with the responsiveness of the app. Everything worked flawlessly,  and we have the app installed on multiple TV’s. The only thing that was noticeable when using the app, you have to increase the volume level somewhat.  Please do what you can to have this feature implemented once again. All the other Apps have this feature enabled YouTube, NetFlix, Web Browser, etc, etc and they all work fine.  In addtion I would like to  suggest a direct channel input when using the app vs scrolling to your desired channel, these two features would be the icing on the cake. 

Thanks in advance Sir

Rookie

Hello MsRaye

Thanks for your comments and suggestions. Since I wanted to eliminate any potential wifi wireless issues, all tv's in my home have a 1GB ethernet hardwire connection, even the set in the garage. I believe this is one of the reasons we never had any  responsiveness or connectivity issues. It booted up fast, launched quickly and scrolled from channel to channel without a glitch.  It worked just like you would expect a SmartTv should. 

Thanks again