Newcomer

Re: Spectrum App on Samsung Smart TV is Broken

No, the problem has not been solved!

This same issue is hapenning in my TV and I've been back and forth between tech support of Spectrum and Samsung and there has been no resolution. This is frustrating! 

T6
Newcomer

My spectrum app on my samsung TV started acting up after june 2018 software update. Choppy audio and slomo video were the main symptoms after about 5 seconds of changing the channel. I made sure TV firmware was up to date, and then uninstalled and reinstalled the app. Seems to have resolved it.
Rookie

I have a Samsung 24 inch model. It worked great for a long time after I initially purchased it 9 months ago. Just recently in the last 3 or 4 weeks, I have started getting the various SLC 1000, or SLV-1001 and other messages. 

Like others I unplug power to the unit, and it will come up and work. The program guide will not show any data though. I pretty much have to reset every time I power it up.

I have done all the troubleshooting, reset, reload, reboot, etc

The problem I think may be related to the Time that the app "thinks" it is.

After i do get the app to work after power cycling the TV, when I display the channel list, it shows a clock in the upper right hand corner, which it totally incorrect..it is like 8.5 hours off. It does not show a date, so I don't know if it is ahead or behind the correct time.

I have verified the time is set correctly on the TV itself. Correct time, date, time zone, DST all OK.

I work in the IT field, and date/time are very important on complex networks. Clients and servers need to be in sync.

Spectrum Techs???

Rookie

I have the same problem.  can get no answers from anybody.  Spectrum has made 4 tvs in my house useless

Rookie

I BEG TO DIFFER...
THIS APP. HAS NOT BEEN FIXED!!!
I OWN A SAMSUNG 55IN. CURVED 4K SMART TV (UN55KU6500) . FOR ALMOST 2 YEARS NOW THE ISSUE HAS NOT BEEN RESOLVED!!!
I HAVE REPEATEDLY CONTACTED SAMSUNG. NO ISSUES WITH MY NETWORK CARD ON MY TV. NO ISSUES WITH MY WIFI GEAR (ALL SPECTRUM MODEM, AND ROUTER).
I AM ABLE TO STREAM WITH NO NETWORK CONNECTION MESSAGES ON THE BOTTOM RIGHT CORNER OF MY TV. I ONLY GET THE ERROR MESSAGE WHEN VIEWING THE SPECTRUM APP. I HAVE DELETED THE APP. THEN REINSTALLED THE APP., I HAVE ALSO CHECKED REPEATEDLY ON THE FIRMWARE/SOFTWARE VERSIONS ON MY TV. I HAVE THE LATEST VERSIONS.
I HAVE BEEN ISSUED A TECH. TICKET (FINALLY) NOW IT SEEMS THAT A TECHNICIAN IS SCHEDULED TO BRING A REPLACEMENT MODEM. IN THE HOPES THAT THIS FIXES THE CONSTANT NETWORK CONNECTION ERRORS! (HONESTLY I AM NOT HOLDING MY BREATH) . THIS APP. HAD BEEN UNSTABLE FOR ALMOST 2 YEARS NOW. EVERSINCE SPECTRUM HAS TAKEN OVER TIME WARNER THAT IS WHEN ALL THE ISSUES STARTED, AND STILL HAVE NOT BEEN FIXED!!!
SPECTRUM HAS TOLD ME THIS APP. IS A PERK!!! I HAVE NEVER CONSIDERED IT A PERK IF IT DOESNT WORK!!!
Not applicable

Hey Julia we are having this same issue. A bigger problem is we were using the app 2 weeks ago and have used it for the past couple of months. We moved literally 6 minutes away and now the app don't work. Spectrum keeps telling me my TV is not compatible which really bothers me because it was compatible 2 weeks ago. I have spent hours on the phone with spectrum and Samsung... Both are staying to contact the other. Since my other apps work fine I believe it's an issue with your app. I am a newer customer and this is not a good first impression, especially after dealing with customer service telling me my TV is not compatible when it was 10 days ago. HELP
Lead Moderator

@decembersaunde When you moved you re-registered for a My Account profile?

Are you able to login to the Spectrum TV on other devices? 

Are you getting an error message when trying to Launch the App? When trying to select programming or are you having another issue.

There are several things that can contribute to problems with the app. The resolution 

depends heavily on what that issue is.

If you would like me to look into this I certainly can. If we are not able to deduce

a solution the issue can be escalated.

Please contact us directly at  Forums_Help

Please include

1. Your account number (the new account number)

1a. Verification of your address 

1b. The name on the account

2. Your username

3. The model of your Samsung TV

4. Where you are seeing the issue, launch, during or something else. 

5.  The results of logging in and using the Spectrum TV product on other devices.

6. Is the TV hardwired to the modem/router or wireless. If Wireless do you have the same       result when the TV is hardwired? 

It would also be helpful to have speed tests done from a computer or smart phone in the location of the TV. Many issues with the application are connectivity related.

Regards,
Julia R.
Spectrum-Social Media Customer Care
Lead Moderator-Community Forums