Observer

Re: Sound keeps cutting out on my TWC app

I was all excited earlier this week when I saw an update to the app. Thought maybe they fixed the audio issues. They didnt. Wishful thinking I guess.

My Samsung TV has also experienced audio sync issues with the TWC TV app.   It used to happen only occasionally, and with certain channels.  Now it is all channels, and reloading the channel, reinstalling the app, or restarting the TV does not fix the issue.   Essentially, the app is permanently broken and unusable for me and the audio is a good 15 seconds off from the video.

Observer

I dont want to get too excited but all appears to work well now on my XB1.

Observer

Good thing I didnt get too excited. It appears to be fixed for some channels but not for others.

Rookie

I have five Roku devices, four of which are Roku 2's and one that is a Roku TV.  Four of the five are connected wirelessly. The audio drops out only on the local CBS channel. The video on this same channel is fine. All other TWC channels are fine. Apps, i.e. Netflix, Crackle, VuDu, are without this problem.

One Roku 2 is connected with a Net Gear plug wired through the house electrical system. This Roku 2 is viewed on a 60" Panasonic 3D tv and does not have the audio drop out problem that other Roku's do.

While it may seem like it is a wireless problem I have checked the Roku's and they are up to date and have been restarted as has the modem and router without a resolution to the problem.

Looking for your help in resolving this issue.

Newcomer

We have  the same problem with our TCL Roku TV, tablets and phones.  It sure doesn't sound like the problem is isolated to any particular brand of TV or device, it's  a Time Warner/Spectrum problem with the app. We have called for tech support and they are unwilling to admit the problem is on their end, but by reading the posts on here and other places it is obviously not a device problem.  We don't have sound issues on any other app and it mostly seems like the network channels are affected.  This is so irritating when trying to watch a program, we have actually turned off our tv.  We have been a Time Warner customer for many years, staying loyal to "cable" but if this issue doen't get a fix soon, we are considering other options as we have been waiting for to long for them to resolve this issue.  James M. ^TWC-Social Media Customer Care stated back in December that they were aware of a known issue but nothing has been done to remedy it, infact states there is no ETA for a remedy!