Newcomer

Re: Screencasting not supported

Couldn't agree with you more! I was able to screencast until Spectrum took over TWC.

Newcomer

Spectrum took over.

Having your app enable screen casting and having your app actively blocking it are different things. Users are now using your app less and using the individual partner apps more.
It feels like you're stuck on the fact we are using a "television". It's just a larger display for our approved device.
Are you going to make more revenue on trying to force unwanted digital decoder boxes on customers or the customer advertising metric data you could be collecting.
If you prefer I watch my advertisements directly from the channel provider and not you, then you're doing just fine.
On a quick side note: the installation and set up process of the decoder boxes is awkward and ridiculously consumer unfriendly but I'll post that in the appropriate forum.
So that's my feedback.
It'd be nice if the answer is "Our application is not allowed to use an external HDMI output or screen casting due to copyright and DRM (digital rights management) rules and agreements. Thank you for understanding ." It would also be a more consumer friendly notification in your app.
DRM is commonly handled by Microsoft which might be why this is not an issue on PC or XBOX.
So here is my question: How is DirecTV able to support casting in their mobile app? Is it because the rules and regulations of satellite providers are that much different than cable providers? Could it be that the digital encryption and decoder boxes we're all complaining about were actually the missing component and now that your service is all digital your developers are now able to explore this option?
Newcomer

Why lie to us? We know what happened. Spectrum. I've been casting for at least a year and a half. Bug? Bleh!

Turn off screen casting issue is still happening. Any word as to when that will be fixed?
Newcomer

[ Edited ]

This is total (edited)  on the part of Spectrum. I pay good money for cable and should be allowed to use it to my hearts content on any device within my home network. You obviously know when I'm on my home network and thus should know I'm not stealing or misusing any of your services in any way. This seems like a way to force people into paying monthly for cable boxes. Stop making excuses and start listening to customers. I know I'll just use my Xbox 360 app... Oh wait took that away too.

Newcomer

This is horrible Spectrum. I will be getting rid of spectrum as soon as possible. I just bought a new TV, pay my very expensive bill every month and you are taking things away.  Not making customers happy

[ Edited ]
Not sure why I'm getting this error. My app was working perfectly fine before. I don't even know what screencssting is. I looked in my apps and system apps but don't see anything called screencasting. I have a galaxy s7. From the looks at some of the replies it seems to allow you to plug your phone into a t.v. screen.???
That Is something that should be allowed. Shame on you for taking it away if that's what it is. I like to watch my shows on my phone because my husband goes to sleep earlier then me and the tv keeps him awake. Now, I can't even do that because of the stupid blocking. Maybe we should just go to direct tv and be done with it.
Newcomer

Have been told at TWC store and have seen on line that it works with Roku. Is that true? If so, why?
Newcomer

The sad thing is, when I was going through Straight Talk and Tmobile on a At&t Samsung Galaxy Note 4 I was able to watch tv on my phone, and now I go through Verizon Wireless and it was working for a couple months and now I'm getting Screencasting Unsupported.

To think Time warner Cable was limiting me from watching stuff on my phone and now that Spectrum took over it's becoming even more crappier.

Really thinking about spending $100 and getting me a Kobi box and watch everything for free.

then I wont be using Spectrum to watch cable anymore, Also wont even need Netflix because on a Kobi Box they stay updated on all the shows and movies before Netflix gets them. All you need is Internet to use it.