Newcomer

Screencasting not supported

Why does the twc tv app not allow you to screencast??? What is the point of offering an app to access your twc service if twc doesn't support casting,?
18 REPLIES
Expert

Re: Screencasting not supported

[ Edited ]

so worried about people stealing cable....

TWC has really poor upstream, there's no use for 24 downstream channels when there's only 4 upstream.

Good luck streaming anything without a clean 10 meg upstream rate.

Says I'm using screen casting but my phone Kyocera hydro wave doesn't even have it
Anj
Newcomer

It was working last month there must of been some sort of update

N/A

Agree, the screen sharing was valuable for a bedroom or garage where running additional wires was not an option. When TWC updated the APP on 6 Jan 2017, they blocked the capability of screen sharing. Too bad that TWC doesn't understand embracing customers is better for bussiness.... Hey COO and CEO , take notice :-  )

TimD

[ Edited ]

I apologize for any issues there were some bugs in the app that allowed casting for a short period of time and that has been removed. We do not currently support the ability to cast to a TV or chromecast or any other device. Now for those that are having an error message stating to turn off casting to view the app this is something we have gotten reports on and are looking into. 

Tyleen
TWC-Social Media Customer Care
Forum Moderator

N/A

[ Edited ]

TW disabled screen casting via the last update 01.07.17 and made the app so it wouldn't work if a hdmi cable is detected so you can't plug you android device into a TV or use an amazon fire stick either. The tw rep told me it was because they want to rent you a box for each tv... and that was only after 5 calls over two weeks and arguing with 7 different reps. What a bunch of crooks! A so called update that takes stuff away, more like a down grade for the same price.

Newcomer

The update is a horrible update. I have been able to mirror or screen cast my Samsung note phone for years without an issue. It seems this was not a mistake or bug, but another way to control how people watch TV. It really makes me upset when companies do stuff like this. It just gives me another reason to leave TWC. The funny thing is the screen sharing works just fine for other TV apps. It makes me wonder why stay to with TWC? It was convinent to have that access in one app, which is now useless.  If I can watch the same TV shows with screen cast in other apps, why pay TWC. I hope you change it back soon or you may loose subscribers.

It reminds me of the whole phone tethering issue years ago.

Newcomer

We should all switch to AT&T U-Verse. Extremely disappointed in TWC. Can't watch my shows anymore at college casting from my Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge to my Samsung TV. What a disappointment from TWC. I was able to watch two weeks ago. Get your act together.
Newcomer

There is no doubt in my mind that the timing falls in line  with the spectrum take over. And to say it was a bug that allowed it to happen for awhile. I have been screencasting with TWC for 2 years. Don't insult our intelligence. I'm not impressed with Spectrum so far and me and many others have already started shopping around for other options.