Rookie

Re: Samsung TV Audio Sync Issues

I talked to TWC/Spectrum yesterday and just got off the phone with Samsung.

No one that I talked to accepted responsibility for this issue.  TWC/Spectrum's claims this is a Samsung problem and Samsung claims that this is a TWC/Spectrum issue.  Apparently the only way for me to resolve this issue is to dump my Samsung Smart TV and buy a different brand.  The TWC/Spectrum TV app works on my Sony TV, two Thinkpad laptops, a Lenovo tablet and Samsung cell phone.  It works on everything accept the Samsung TV, yet they swear that this is a Time Warner problem.  Stalemate....

Browser

Appears no one wants to take ownership of the issue, major issue for two large corporations.  This issue could be resolved,  if the two quit pointing fingers at each other and just take the bull by the horns and FIX the well known voice and video sync major issues.  The TWC/Spectrum Live TV app is worthless,  as it it is now configured.  If it can't be fixed, take it down and don't offer it to the TWC subscribers and paying customers like myself.

Run the issue UP THE MANAGEMENT LADDER and I bet it will be fixed quickly !!!!

Rookie

I have just started using the Spectrum app on my Samsung Smart TV and am also experience the audio sync lag.  Very frustrating.  Has anyone had any success streaming the Spectrum app through a Roku stick instead of direct through to the Samsung?  Just wondering if that would make a difference.

Browser

I have three Roku devices and they work just fine with the app.

Spectator

Audio sync issues here also, started in the past couple weeks...and right now, 8:15 PM EDT the App says it's 1:15 AM and all the times in the guide are advanced several hours...first time I've seen that happen (only had the TV for a few months).  The time on the TV is correct, but within the App, the time is wrong (app is displaying its own time).

Samsung Model: UN40J6200AFXZA

I am having audio sync issues with the spectrum app on my Samsung tv as well.  Seems to have just started 3-4 weeks ago.  The problem seems to affect local tv channels the worst, but other cable channels are also affected.  

Spectrum app 3.0.0

model Code 15_hawkm_uhd

firmware ver t-infolink2015-1016

samsung tv firmware is latest 1469

56n
Newcomer

We hav that same problem with the same tv.  I have deleted the app a number of times and reloaded it.  That is the only thing that Spectrum has told me to do.  Now it works on some stations but not on others.  USA is terrible.  Sometime the sound is from the show and the audio is from the commercial.  Bought this tv to be able to use the appts.

Browser

Why does the "NEW SPECTRUM" continue to offer a Live TV app for Samsung smart TVs when it just does not work for months ???????????????  Spectrum is spending millions on new advertising for products that DO NOT WORK !!!!!!!!!!  The CBS network got out of sync tonight in less than 15 minutes, that is really BAD SERVICE.  I don't think any senior management representative at Spectrum gives a hoot, or has anyone brought this issue to their attention that they have a MAJOR SERVICE ISSUE with Samsung smart TVs that needs to be fixed?????????????

Waiting on a reply from a senior representative of Spectrum to let "US" know when this continuning problem will BE FIXED ????????????????????????????????????????????????

Browser

The sync issue on the Samsung app for Spectrum Live TV has been good for the past week and a half, thank you Spectrum.

It isnt just samsung tv or apps,,,audio sync is horrible on my 4k ultra vizio tv.,, had a tech out to fix other issues including this one and he fixed others but blamed the channel broadcasters for the audio sync issues. I dont care.. Its aggravating and im getting closer and closer to pitching cable tv all together.