Browser

Samsung TV Audio Sync Issues

I've been fighting audio sync problems for the past several months. Contacted TWC help, but they pointed me to Samsung...still ticked that I have no "go between" in the way of TWC supporting the app wrt this issue. Samsung always calls me back at a bad time, so I haven't connected with them yet. I have 2014/2015 TVs (such as UN40H6350) and this occurs on all of them. Latest FW installed. Anyone else been having audio sync problems?

39 REPLIES
Expert

Re: Samsung TV Audio Sync Issues

[ Edited ]

It's a Samsung issue...  Change to the non CEC hdmi port, if no help, use an Hdmi to DVI cable and a DVI to HDMI adapter to strip off the signal

Which cable box/ DVR do you have?

Browser

I am talking about the smart TV app. Not using a box.
Newcomer

Yes I as welll. I have resorted to hardwired LAN. Better, not perfect.

CE
Newcomer

I have Samsung Smart TV 4k, and I have been having the same issue for over a year.  What is the problem that Time Warner cannot fix the app?

I have the Samsung SUHD Smart TV and the TWC TV app is voice/ picture out of sync for broadcast channels. I am hardwired to tv. The date on the app is 06/30/2015, version 2.82200. Is an updated app available? I'm wondering if that's part of the problem.
Newcomer

I also have this issue on my Samsung Smart TV.  Only seems to occur on BBC America channel for me though.  Other channels are working ok.

Rookie

Rog13kam the Samsung tv app store seems to have a problem with the update date not changing randomly for some apps it seems. I had version 2.10 with the date being 6/30/2015 so I had no idea version 2.82200 existed because the TV never said there was an update until Tier 3 support told me to delete the app and redownload it and all of a sudden 2.82200 appeared but the date didn't change.

I also had the audio sync issue with the "UP" channel, where after a few minutes the audio would just get out of sync. But that was when I was on version 2.10. It stopped happening when I installed version 2.82200.

So to answer your question TWC told me as of a few weeks ago 2.82200 is the latest version.

who
Newcomer

i just purchased two new samsung smart tvs and all efforts to get sync between voice and video have failed.

Newcomer

I too have two Smart TV running TWC app. My sync problem only occurs while watching Live TV. On demand seems to be ok..running ver2.824