Not applicable

Samsung Smart TV Error SUC-1107: We're sorry something didn't work quite right

I just instaled the spectrum tv app on my tv and get the following message

We're sorry something didn't work quite right please try again later if you contact us please provide this error code SUC-1107

Anyone have any ideas on what this means?

I already deleted/reinstalled the app and restarted the modem/router with no luck

16 REPLIES
Expert

Re: Samsung Smart TV Error SUC-1107: We're sorry something didn't work quite right

Contact Samsung,,,, sounds like their usual yearly firmware changes went bad AGAIN...

especially if this set was made after Oct 2017...

Sorry, but they are absolute idjits and can't make anything backwards compatable, we've had a half dozen new sets with the same mfg month have 2 different firmwares in them .

And every year around Feb, they change something and expect all the streaming providers to immediately fix up a new driver/ patch

Trusted Helper

Re: Samsung Smart TV Error SUC-1107: We're sorry something didn't work quite right

@MsRayewrote:

Contact Samsung,,,, sounds like their usual yearly firmware changes went bad AGAIN...

especially if this set was made after Oct 2017...

Sorry, but they are absolute idjits and can't make anything backwards compatable, we've had a half dozen new sets with the same mfg month have 2 different firmwares in them .

And every year around Feb, they change something and expect all the streaming providers to immediately fix up a new driver/ patch

I love Samsung as a TV,

But I have heard that their firmware applications in conjection with other mobile applications can be wonky.  Ms.  Raye, what happened after October, 2017?

Satch

Helper

Samsung switched the base operating system of its smart tvs to the Tizen OS sometime in the 3rd quarter 2017. This has been the source of many of the complaints of Samsung tvs and why the Spectrum TV app is wonky on the new OS.

Community Manager

@keperkjr

Based on the error message and code, it appears that you do not have an active TV subscription associated with same account as the Internet service.   In order to have access to the Spectrum TV App, you need to have a TV subscription on the same account as the credentials you are using  to log into the app. 

To add TV to your account, please contact us at 1-800-892-4357 or visit a local store.  

Spectrum-Social Media Customer Care

Not applicable

I James,

I am not presented with a login, it errors before I get a chance to do anything

When I open the app, it displays a loading screen with the spectrum logo and then the error message appears

How do I login when I am not presented with a login area?
Established Sharer

All more the reason to use a Roku instead of the TV App...

A refurbed Roku Premiere+ (one with the Ethernet LAN Port) can be had for $55. 

( I personally bought four refurbed Roku 2XS players years ago for $45 each, and they've served me faithfully for six years now...)

Helper

What model Samsung tv?

Highlighted
Expert

@reds91185wrote:

What model Samsung tv?

When did you buy it? if it's a late 2017 mfg, good luck.

If you are a TWC cable tv subcriber, reset both the modem and your cable box. If you're a boxless one, good luck...

Community Manager

@keperkjr

Do you have TV and Internet service or Internet service only?  

James