Not applicable

Remote Control Spectrum App

Whenever I am using the spectrum app I cant change the channel using my remote with the numbers. Is there a way without using the Ch List button instead of just using the numbers to choose the channel i want to watch.

2 REPLIES
Spectrum Employee

Re: Remote Control Spectrum App

Hello there,

What device are you using the Spectrum App on?  I personally use Roku TV as my main, but also have a Samsung TV, my laptop, and Android phone that I use the app on.  The only one that has a remote that has numbers is the Samsung, but I have gotten away from it. 

I use the filters on the guide on Roku to help me drill down the category of channel, and have it listed by network name.  When on my laptop, the guide has a *jump to channel* feature that you can put the name of the channel to jump to it.  

The other solution that I has been recommended to me, is the favorites list.  If you find yourself to have a go to group, set that up.  That way you can cycle in that list quicker than the bigger list. But with TV and video (YouTube and Netflix) moving away from channel numbers, I recommend jumping into things with the network list where they are alphabetized. 

Ry

Highlighted
Helper

Re: Remote Control Spectrum App

@Nevarez1203 wrote:

Whenever I am using the spectrum app I cant change the channel using my remote with the numbers. Is there a way without using the Ch List button instead of just using the numbers to choose the channel i want to watch.

You cannot direct input channel numbers when using the app.  This is a very big reason why the app is not a great full time replacement to a traditional set top box for people that dislike scrolling through the entire list.

As noted above, one thing that can make it a little easier is to create favorite channel lists so you aren't scrolling through the entire list every time.