Newcomer

Re: Spectrum TV App on FireStick

I am about as tech savvy as a 12 year old, could you give me instructions on how to do this with Apple products?  I don’t know how to get the Spectrum app on my fire stick. Thanks. 

4 REPLIES
Not applicable

I have no apple devices, only 2 android tablets and an android phone. I was able to do it easily with the googleplay apps appstofire and the spectrum app. The appstofire sideloads the spectrum app from the tablet to the firestick. I know there is an apple app for sideloading, but I don't think the apple spectrum app works on the firestick. I doubt that you can download the spectrum tv android app to the apple device and have it work. One thing you need to do is to set up the spectrum app to be in a working signed in condition before sideloading it to the firestick. It may be worthwhile to get an inexpensive android device to use. Or borrow one from a friend or relative, use it to sideload, then dump the 2 apps that you got from googleplay and return it with a word of thanks.

Participant

@Khile wrote:

I am about as tech savvy as a 12 year old, could you give me instructions on how to do this with Apple products?  I don’t know how to get the Spectrum app on my fire stick. Thanks. 

What does Apple have to do with an Amazon Fire TV Stick?

The Spectrum TV app is not natively available for the Amazon Fire TV Stick.

Helper

@Khile wrote:

Being tech savvy as a 12 year old could mean either you're an expert or a novice.  If you're a novice, don't bother trying to sideload and find workarounds to load the app on either an Apple TV (for now) or an Amazon Fire Stick. There are ways to do it as @tvfix points out but they are definitely not as easy as he makes it out to be...and 100% not a solution if you're a person that "just wants it to work."

My advice...get a Roku.

Not applicable

If you have apple products, you already have access to stream your spectrum account to your PC or Phone. Both would use the IOS app. The firestick is more of an android decvice and works with the android app fine. The Roku is neither and uses a proprietary app developed for it. I Have the Spectrum app loaded on my windows 10 PC and laptop and can watch at home or on the road. Same with my android tablets. I like the app on the firestick since i installed a bluetooth scrolling mouse for it which makes navigating and channel selecting much easier than the Roku. The Roku's guide is much harder to navigate since it needs to be done with the remote.  I also use scrolling mice on my pc and laptops which makes it easier. I find that the Roku is the least user friendly device for watching Spectrum on. It's eay to load on it, but after that it's much harder. With the tablets the touch screen is easy to get around in. There was more manipulating around to get the app on the firestick and get it working, but I think the result was worth it and I much prefer it to the Roku. Since I already had the app on my tablets, in working and set up condition, once sideloaded to the firestick it was easy from there.