Highlighted
Rookie

Mobile App

Can someone enlighten me as to the point of a mobile app that only works on your home wifi?

9 REPLIES
Lead Moderator

Re: Mobile App

To which app are you referring?  If you can provide more detail our forum peers 

may be able to assist you.

Regards,
Julia R.
Spectrum-Social Media Customer Care
Lead Moderator-Community Forums

Established Sharer

Jayshar wrote:

Can someone enlighten me as to the point of a mobile app that only works on your home wifi?

I have a feeling that you are referring to the Spectrum TV app, right?  The Spectrum TV app uses your Spectrum internet connection to validate your subscription level based on (if I'm not mistaken) the modem's MAC address tied to your account and service address. 

There are several uses for the app inside the home, such as watching tv on a phone or tablet, a Roku device, an Xbox One, or some smart tvs. I personally use the app to connect a Roku to tvs I have on my deck, in the garage, and in a spare bedroom where I don't want to rent a box or run a hard line.

Newcomer

I am not getting an option for Spectrum Time Warner on any of my TV apps...Freeform, TVLand, MTV etc etc etc....I used to have no issues signing in and now it's not even an option?

Expert

Did you try Charter spectrum?

Newcomer

no but i will! thank you Smiley Happy 

Rookie

[ Edited ]

The Spectrum TV App for iPad. Am away from home, and mistakenly thought I could watch my DVR recorded shows. 

Spectator

Moderator...will there EVER be an option in the Spectrum app to download recorded shows to view on mobile devices while away from home.  The DirecTV has this capability and it works like this:  You can download recorded programs while connected to your home wifi, manually or you can choose programs to download automatically. The downloaded programs are in SD (to conserve space and to speed up download) and will expire in 30 days.  All other Spectrum  TV/phone features are good to go.  On- the-go customers would LOVE this feature.  If this option is not being considered at this time, please let me know.

Thanks!

Lead Moderator

@GNX547

Good morning. We thank you for the time you have taken to come to our forums and 

share your thoughts and feedback on how you would like to use the Spectrum Tv application.

I cannot tell you if this will be implemented. We have forwarded your feedback to 

the proper group. 

Regards,
Julia R.
Spectrum-Social Media Customer Care
Lead Moderator-Community Forums

Expert

Jayshar wrote:

The Spectrum TV App for iPad. Am away from home, and mistakenly thought I could watch my DVR recorded shows. 

Early on, you could playback shows from your DVR but only at home, possibly only with WHdvr setups. I believe that is totally gone.

Some aftermarket devices, perhaps Tivo's and Hauppage allowed off site playback, BUT you needed at least 5 meg upstream speed for it to workand of course 5 megs down on the remote connection... 1 or 2 megs don't cut it