Rookie

How to connect Spectrum.tv to an LG Smart TV?

It seems spectrum tv only works with Samsung, which I don't have. Is there some sort of device I can use to connect it? Even a cable between my laptop and the TV won't work. I don't know what all the roku, firestick, apple tv things do...

6 REPLIES

Re: How to connect Spectrum.tv to an LG Smart TV?

At this time we only have our app available for Samsung smart TVs. There is no information at this time as to if we plan to expand to other smart TVs. 

Tyleen
Spectrum-Social Media Customer Care
Forum Moderator

Proven Sharer

Buy a roku. I recommend one that you can connect via Ethernet (instead of WiFi). It will do spectrum as well as other streaming services. It will connect to your tv via hdmi.
Rookie

Thank you! A friend had suggested Apple TV, but I don't want to spend that kind of money. I'll investigate Roku.

Proven Sharer

You are welcome.  Be advised, you will need to be both a video subscriber and internet subscriber to Spectrum to use the Spectrum Streaming Channel on Roku...  (The Roku essentially replaces a cable box).

Helper

tandrysiak wrote:

Thank you! A friend had suggested Apple TV, but I don't want to spend that kind of money. I'll investigate Roku.

Also be advised that the Spectrum TV app is not available on Apple TV (or Fire TV or any other streaming device), only Roku devices. It's available on Xbox One if you go that route.

Helper

Tyleen_Z wrote:

At this time we only have our app available for Samsung smart TVs. There is no information at this time as to if we plan to expand to other smart TVs. 

Tyleen
Spectrum-Social Media Customer Care
Forum Moderator

Beware...the app is not available on all Samsung Smart tvs. It seems that 2017 models don't have it available.