Browser

HD Channels on Spectrum App are SD on Set Top Box

I have several local channels that are SD on my Spectrum Receiver ( new model 210).  At the same time these channels are in HD on the Spectrum Xbox and Roku apps,so I know there is a HD feed available. If DVR  was available through the app I would simply make Xbox my primary receiver, but it isn't. I have tried reaching out to the local FOX and have even emailed Sinclair Broadcasting.  I have talked with Tech Support and a Tech came out no one can really explain. Now it clearly says the programming is SD in the info on the box and in HD on the App info. I once got in touch with he owner of this same FOX station when there was a similar problem on DISH,but now that Sinclair owns it this option is unavailable.  If there is SPECTRUM TECH watching these boards this in the 28572 service area. The local Fox is WYDO which is in my DMA. Other affected station are WGN, WRAL, WTVD, WLFL,and WTVD. None of these are in my DMA,but other than WGN can be received via antenna in the area.

Thanks

Tim

6 REPLIES
Trusted Helper

Re: HD Channels on Spectrum App are SD on Set Top Box

Hey Tim,

You should definitely be getting the same HD content on the Spectrum boxes if you are getting HD on the Spectrum app.  It sounds like your head-end was not updated on the box end, concerning those HD stations.

If the app was also showing in SD, than both ends would balance out.  You did a great job listing your area location and the affected channels that are in SD on your box, but HD on the app.

One of our mods needs to send feedback to your division's Engineering Department regarding the transmission of those signals.  They will notify Engineering in your division that the channels are not coming in through HD on your Spectrum Receiver, but are in HD on the app.  Note, that this change over may not happen overnight, but it is good that you came to the forums to let us know.

Satch

Browser

So just who do I need to  notify  of these give a email address. i will get on it

Trusted Helper

@timhk63 wrote:

So just who do I need to  notify  of these give a email address. i will get on it

Hi Tim,

For the fastest notification go to Twitter and log in to your Twitter account, (or get a Twitter account.)  Follow the  Ask Spectrum page here:

https://twitter.com/Ask_Spectrum?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

You will need to follow the page to send and receive replies.  Copy and paste your request in your first topic in this thread in a Direct Message to the Ask Spectrum Page.  Also provide your account information in the Direct Message.

Ask that this information be forwarded to the Engineering Department for your division.

Expect this process to take some time before the switch is made.  This is not just flipping a switch.  I would give this a good 30 days to get expedited, because this is going to involve a major head-end change.  Make a note of this.

I would say that if Spectrum has not made the change to an HD signal on the box for the above stations in question by October 1st, 2018,  you might want to contact the station themselves to find out what is happening, and why Spectrum in your market is showing HD channels on the app, but not on the box.  I would give Spectrum 30 days, before expecting any change.

If you have an HD box and an HD set, and the app is in HD, so should the station on the box be HD.  Be advised that this will take time.

Satch

Browser

thanks

Browser

So after direct messaging them I got this reply

"Thank you for that information. Upon review of your set top box diagnostics, I see that there is a signal issue with the cable box. This would require a service appointment to get this addressed. We ask that you please send your general availability for the appointment and your best contact number/email so that contact can be made the day before, the day of, and when we are en route. This can be set as a text message, email, and/or phone call. If you have a particular preference please let us know. ^JF"

Trusted Helper

@timhk63 wrote:

So after direct messaging them I got this reply

"Thank you for that information. Upon review of your set top box diagnostics, I see that there is a signal issue with the cable box. This would require a service appointment to get this addressed. We ask that you please send your general availability for the appointment and your best contact number/email so that contact can be made the day before, the day of, and when we are en route. This can be set as a text message, email, and/or phone call. If you have a particular preference please let us know. ^JF"

OK Tim,

So you need the signal and drop line test,  Remember, don't reboot any equipment for six hours prior to your service call.  This includes boxes, modems, and routers.  Tune to those channels when the tech is there so that he can take a signal reading.  Mentioned that the online support team saw signal problems. 

Satch