Highlighted
Newcomer

Fire box

Does this TWC tv app work with Amazon Fire box? If so how do you install this app?
9 REPLIES
Helper

Re: Fire box

I looked through Fire TV store and saw no app for TWC tv, , though there is an app for fire tablets in their store.
Expert

We just went thru our ethernet connected Fire Box and there are no cable system aps listed  There are a lot of the individual channels listed that make up twctv, of course no local channels...

Browser

I was able to side-load the TWC app from my Android phone to the Fire TV v2 using Apps2Fire but so far it has not worked.  Really need the TWC app to show up in the Fire TV app store!  Can't watch cable in the bedroom (where the Fire TV is located).

Lead Moderator

The TWC TV® app is available on these platforms:

Apple iOS, Android™, Kindle Fire & HDX, PC/MAC, ROKU®, Xbox 360®, Xbox One™, and some Samsung Smart TVs.

You can watch on iPads, iPhones, smartphones and tablets as well as the devices listed above.You can also visit TWCTV.com to watch TV on your computer.

At this time we do not support the Fire TV for the TWCTV service. 

Our apologies for any frustration this is causing.

Regards,
Julia R.
TWC-Social Media Customer Care
Moderator - TWC Community Forums

Rookie

Why hasn't it been fixed.? If it works on Roku and Apple then you are discriminating against FireTV users. 

Frank .... TWC subsriber

Newcomer

Totally agree with Frank here...it really did appear by not supporting Amazon Fire TV that this is a deliberate action especially when available for Amazon tablet. Who's not playing nice...Amazon or TWC?
Established Sharer

There is no TWCTV app on Apple TV either, only iPhones and iPads. There is no discrimination going on, just business as it seems TWC and Roku have an exclusivity deal in place for that type of device. Once the existing contract is up I'm sure the app will be available on a more varied range of devices. 

nks
N/A

It appears that the Amazon Fire Stick cannot play TWC TV.  So if we want to watch TV on the Fire Stick, then we should go with a company other than TWC?

Lovely, the solution is it is not supported and we don't know when.  I am tired of paying for DCA boxes because of the lack of device support.  I am not quite ready to sell my fireTV on ebay yet however the frustration with TWC/Spectrum (one company  when it is convenient) is causing me to look at options.  My neighbor just switched to ATT gigapower and not only do they support more devices but his internet speed spanks TWC.