Re: Can the TWC TV App be downloaded onto ANY Smart TV with wifi capabilities?

Hi @lmummert , 

You can find the approved Samsung televisions listed at: Approved Models . I hope this helps. 

Thank you for participating in the Forums.
Regards,
Stephanie S.
Social Media Customer Care
Moderator - Community Forums

Rookie

No it doesn't.  We had already purchased the tv based on what the time warner technician told us and we can't return it. To little to late.

Newcomer

I got the same problem with TWC TV app.  I went to Costco and decided to buy 2016 Samsung smart TV,  model UN65KU649DF  b/c I saw on the packaging box a picture of TWC app along with Netflix, Hulu...

the TWC TV is not there regardless of how I have tried,  and I spent twice to have Samsung tech support, went through via remote management for troubleshooting. They gave up! ( even with the latest update).

Question for TWC tech support,  since Samsung only provides the platform which is their smart hub, and individual company like Netflix, TWC should be responsible to develop its app to be included. Am I correct? So why your company advertise TWC TV on this TV model?

Newcomer

I got the same problem with TWC TV app. I went to Costco and decided to buy 2016 Samsung smart TV, model UN65KU649DF b/c I saw on the packaging box a picture of TWC app along with Netflix, Hulu...
the TWC TV is not there regardless of how I have tried, and I spent twice to have Samsung tech support, went through via remote management for troubleshooting. They gave up! ( even with the latest update).
Question for TWC tech support, since Samsung only provides the platform which is their smart hub, and individual company like Netflix, TWC should be responsible to develop its app to be included. Am I correct? So why your company advertise TWC TV on this TV model?
N/A

This is not true- once again I'll state that my Samsung model is on your approved list even though your Tier 3 team said it wasn't. The Spectrum app will not load. This is the second time I posted with no response.
N/A

This doesn't help- your list is either incorrect or your inside techs need to be trained better. My "approved" model could not support the Spectrum app per your tier 3 support tech. Sad- and on a side note- the attitude of all your customer reps I have encountered is deplorable. They couldn't care less about the customer.
Lead Moderator

Our apologies for your frustration @Done  the Forums are primarily 

Peer to Peer support. 

If you would like to have direct support you can certainly reach us 

by direct message at Forums_Help

1. Account number

2. Username

3 device model 

4. Please provide a detailed description of the issue. You have indicated that 

it "does not load".   You are not able to open the app? Not able to do the initial login?

Regards,
Julia R.
Spectrum-Social Media Customer Care
Lead Moderator-Community Forums