N/A

Can not connect to the spectrum app

My mother is coming over to my house to stay for awhile. She has the spectrum package that gives her access to the app. She knows she will be limited at my house but asked if I could set up the tv so she could access some of her shows on demand. I've been able to connect on both my computer and my iPhone but for some reason both my Samsung tv and the Xbox one apps both tell me I need to connect to my spectrum internet. Any solutions?
5 REPLIES
Expert

Re: Can not connect to the spectrum app

Re you a TWC customer or a Spectrum customer?

They are 2 seperate companies...

N/A

I guess TWC, but all their apps and additional services have updated to Spectrum. Or at least they say spectrum. I can access the service on any other device besides the smart TV and the Xbox one. The computer, my iPhone, even my nook are all able to access the app with no problems.
Sharer

I'm not for sure but...it sounds to me like the app knows that the Xbox and tv aren't mobile devices and therefore should only be connected while on the subscribers home network.

The TWC TV application provides limited access to programming when your device (whether mobile phone, computer, gaming console, etc) is connecting to the internet through any other internet connection than the home network. If your mom would like to access programming from any premium network (HBO, Showtime, Starz, etc) that she is currently subscribed to, she can do so outside of the home while connected to any network. The following LINK will provide you with detailed information regarding the application.

-Melissa O.

TWC Community Forum Moderator

N/A

Thank you for replying to my post Melissa, but if you read my original post I note that we are aware of the limited access she will have while outside of her home network. The issue is that neither the XBox One app nor the app on the Samsung tv will let me connect to the service at all. It would be nice if she could watch stuff on the tv vs being forced to use her iPad.