Highlighted
Spectator

4k smart tv

Can I use my new tv with twc?  Will twc come exchange new for old?

" Class KU6300 4K UHD TV 50 inch

9 REPLIES
Established Sharer

Re: 4k smart tv

Kops2da wrote:

========

Of course you can use it, but there's very little 4K content, and no (that I know of) on Cable services yet.

You can buy 4K videos, and a player for them, and there is some 4K content on streaming services, so check those and see if it's worthwhile for you.

Spectator

I know all that.  I want to know about the smart part and sho will come to exchange tvs.

DaKat wrote:

Kops2da wrote:

========

Of course you can use it, but there's very little 4K content, and no (that I know of) on Cable services yet.

You can buy 4K videos, and a player for them, and there is some 4K content on streaming services, so check those and see if it's worthwhile for you.

I know that.  Can I use smart feature with my wifi?  Also, who can co e and exchange tvs.

Expert

DO NOT try to use wireless for the aps. Run an ethernet cable. Wireless is plain "junk science" It will not be reliable especially in dense housing

Either real cat 5e (not the counterfeit stuff coming in from China) or cat 6 to a decent 1000 base router.

There is no 4k on cable  thru any existing stb/dvr, at best it's a poor resolution/ slow update 1080-

In the next year, we'll be seeing IPTV multicast thru the new boxes,  They're also going to require quality HDMI cables.

You may get 4k via blue ray and some computer cards as well as non TWC providers like Netflix/ hulu/ Amazon

Spectator

Have no idea what you guys talking about. Need someone to come exchange old for new tv - simple as that!  I am 76.

Expert

Yeah, it's the kind of work I do, probably have hung 40 in the past couple years. Some of the new lightweight ones have really fragile front glass and crack easily. If it's a large set, and on a shelf, I'd safety.\ Cable it to the wall.

.. TWC doesn't do tv swaps,

Geek Squad is nationwide and does that work or has subcontractors.

Search for "home theater contractors"

Ask where you're buying from.

Spectator

Walmart delivery.  50 " on cabinet - no wall hanging. Gèek squad ok?

Established Sharer

Kops2da wrote:

Have no idea what you guys talking about. Need someone to come exchange old for new tv - simple as that!  I am 76.

You need to contact a local store to see if they sell, deliver, and install tvs...TWC does not do this.  If you want to use the TWCTV app on the smart tv it needs to be a compatible Samsung or you will need a Roku. 

Samsung TWCTV app Compatible Devices

Spectator

Since tv is here I just need an exchange.  I cannot lift.  Forget smart featues, as long as I have a better bigger picture.  Calling Geek Squad I guess. Thanks!

Spectator

Geek Squad great - all up and working!!