Participant

thinking bout trying spectrum tv choice again but !

last time they ended up bumpin up the charge all the way to $188 dollars all for some 10 stoopid channels advertised at $21.99 is that gonna happen again ???

5 REPLIES
Trusted Helper

Re: thinking bout trying spectrum tv choice again but !

@DR_Stranger_Who wrote:

last time they ended up bumpin up the charge all the way to $188 dollars all for some 10 stoopid channels advertised at $21.99 is that gonna happen again ???

Hi Stranger,

Spectrum Choice is the cheapest package.  No way that you would see a jump from $21 a month to $188 dollars a month in this lifetime or any other.  $188 sounds like a Triple Play Plan.

As a general guideline, your rates if you bundle two or more of Spectrum;s three services would be cheaper than one single service.  Triple Play, (Cable, Phone Internet) would cost the most, but would have the lowest per year increase with all three services because you are bundling three things.

Spectrum TV Choice has a $21.00 a month plan for 2 years according to the information here:

https://www.spectrum.com/choice.html

It might approximately jump up to something like $35-$40 after the first two years, and than maybe $10 a year afterwords.

My advice to you would be try it again and than let the two years go by and call about maybe adding a service at a lower rate, or maybe changing your Choice Package to ten different channels or adding a movie channel.  You will than have a new rate for another year,  But impossible to jump from $29 to $188 with Spectrum Choice  Spectrum Choice was only recently released.

Satch

Participant

ya but thats what it ended up at

$112.00 for internet plus the $21.99 for the spectrum choice total $150 but when i checked the bill it was $180 for a wierd reason hidden tax an hidden fees they dont want people to know about

Trusted Helper

@DR_Stranger_Who wrote:
ya but thats what it ended up at

$112.00 for internet plus the $21.99 for the spectrum choice total $150 but when i checked the bill it was $180 for a wierd reason hidden tax an hidden fees they dont want people to know about

Hi Stranger,

You didn't mention the Internet plan in your first post.  What do you have now from Spectrum and how much are you paying each month?

Satch

Participant

just the internet i pay $112 and change every month

Highlighted
Trusted Helper

@DR_Stranger_Who wrote:

just the internet i pay $112 and change every month

Stranger,

What is your Internet plan?  If you really don't need the super high speed, you could lower that and maybe pair that up with a low level TV plan.

Go down this page, and they have TV Select with an Internet plan for $89.98:

https://www.spectrum.com/packages.html

I know that is a new customer price.  Are you near a Spectrum Store?  I would actually go and visit them and see if they can give you a deal on a the Choice TV plan, and ask if they can lower your Internet price.  Customers have reported getting better deals by visiting a Spectrum Store than by calling on the phone.  The Spectrum Select Plan, is a little more expensive than the Spectrum Choice plan.  But what you are playing for Internet alone seems high.

I would say, go to the store and look at any of these options:

1.) Lowering your Internet price alone.  Few people really need more than 50/5 speeds for Internet IF they are causal browsing and home users.  Spectrum provides more than enough speed out of the box with up to 200MB in most areas.

2.) A Double Play Combo with Spectrum Choice and Internet

3.) A Double Play Combo with Spectrum Select and Internet

Minimally, you should have some level of TV service with that price that you are paying.  I wouldn't recommend going above Spectrum Select for your TV service.  That would be too expensive for your needs.  The price will be good for a year,  And than, after a year, you can decide what you want to do at that time.

Satch