Contributor

TV Choice - How do I get information

I got a mail shot from Spectrum advertising the new TV Choice.  Great, I thought, let's take a look at what channels are available for my "choice".

Click on the e-mail, and it takes me to a banner page for TV Choice, which asks for my address to verify what services are available.  Enter that, and all I get is the normal TV, Internet, Phone offers.  No TV Choice.

OK, sign in to my account and look around.  Nope, still no information available.

Go to the web address they provide, spectrum.com/tvchoice.  Same banner page as from the e-mail and no way to get more information.

Guess you don't really want to sell this product.

Cheers.

14 REPLIES
Highlighted
Proven Sharer

Re: TV Choice - How do I get information

One suggestion would be to post your request or complaint in a more appropriate forum.  You picked a forum that exists to help customers diagnose and then get Spectrum out to repair their cable internet connection, usually based on complaints of slow speeds or lots of modem resets.

I've moved your request for information over to the forum for TV / Channels & Programming.

You can also reach out directly to the Spectrum folks at @Forums_Help

Trusted Helper

Spectrum TV Choice is a new package that has not yet been synced to all the websites  and cable options yet.  You get the following: 

• Your local channels
  • Any 10 channels out of a list of 65 stations
  • Price range is about $35.00 a month.
  • Premium channels are $7.50 each, or you can add any of these five for $15.00 a month extra.  Choose from the list below:

HBO, Cinemax, Showtime, The Movie Channel, Starz, Starz Encore, EPIX. (But the premiums seem to be application-based only. IMO, that is kind of a downer. )

More info here:

https://thestreamingadvisor.com/spectrum-tv-choice/ 

There is a "Premium Package" catch on the bottom. (What I said above, the premium chanels seem to be application-based only.)

Satch

Boz
Sharer

Spectrum used to have a page with a way to see all the local channels included, and list all the channel choices from which to choose the 10 and even a way to select them.

I don't know why they removed that ability from spectrum.com/choice.html , and the OP is correct, if you put in an address on spectrum.com/choice.html , there is NO MENTION of Choice on the results page!

Can a moderator explain what's going on?

Contributor

@karlbeckman  I posted in the SpectrumTV.com forum, not the Connectivity.

@Satch  It seems a little strange that there's no way to get any information, or sign up, when I've been receiving personally targeted (valid only for named recipient) e-mails since the beginning of March, and the latest has this:  Offer good through 04/20/18.  Although I'll wager that the next one I get has a later "Must sign up by" date.

Cheers.

Spectrum Employee

Hello all,

I found this link that helps show the channels available for the choice package in your area.

https://www.spectrumchoicechannels.com/

I was able to test this with my home address and it provided the correct channels. 

Choice will have all the channels that are part of the Limited Basic service and the 10 channels you  choose from the list. 

Ry

Trusted Helper

@pastelero79wrote:

Hello all,

I found this link that helps show the channels available for the choice package in your area.

I was able to test this with my home address and it provided the correct channels. 

Choice will have all the channels that are part of the Limited Basic service and the 10 channels you  choose from the list. 

Ry

Ry,

Do you know if Spectrum TV Choice is going to be an experimental package or vary by division?  It seems good, except for the part about adding the premiums being the application versions of the channels only.  If Spectrum were to include the cable TV box version of that station, I think that Spectrum Choice would be that much more appealing to customers who might want to try cable out, without paying a lot of money.

Satch

Spectrum Employee

Satch,

TV Choice is available across all the footprint to those that are subscribed to internet only.  The selection of 10 channels from the list of 65 does not have any regional variance, that I am aware of. The regional variance is the local (Limited Basic) channels that are part of the package. TV Choice is like the Stream package, as it does not require a receiver to get the channels, and is designed for those that like to use the Spectrum TV app as thier primary interface. It is compatible with the DVRs and receivers.

As for the premium channels, I was under the impression that they received the full range of channels available per the market.  For instance, with HBO, you get HBO, HBO 2, HBO Comedy, etc. Plus you get the On Demand, and the TV Everywhere app. Since this is a streaming package, when you have the premiums added, they should show up in the lineup on the app, just as when you have the Silver or Gold package.   I can check into this to get a confirmed answer. 

Ry

Contributor

@pastelero79wrote:

Hello all,

Ry

So now I know the channels available.  But still nowhere to sign up.  LOL

Cheers.

Trusted Helper

@EddieAwrote:

@pastelero79wrote:

Hello all,

Ry

So now I know the channels available.  But still nowhere to sign up.  LOL

Cheers.

Yes,

Spectrum needs to add the TV Choice Package to it's offerings on its website for better marketing of that service.

Satch