Highlighted
Browser

Question About Music Channels on Spectrum TV Choice

I have the Spectrum TV Choice which includes includes local broadcast, government access, 25 Music Choice, plus 10 additional channels. From within the Spectrum app guide, I see everything listed above except for  the 25 Music Choice channels. If you you know how to access the Music Choice channels, please pass that along.

Thanks

8 REPLIES
Boz
Sharer

Re: Question About Music Channels on Spectrum TV Choice

Select Music from the menu on the left side.

Browser

Thanks. I am using the Spectrum Streaming applications. None of the Music Channels worked on any of the platforms I tried

1. Spectrum via the PC: Music Channels are listed, but do not play

2. Android: Same experience as on the PC 

3. 2. Roku: Music Channels are not listed in the guide., If you do a search for them, you can find them, but the ones that are included in the Spectrum TV Choice streaming service display a "you are not subscribed" message.

I called Spectrum support to see if the issue was due to my user error, or if the product no longer included Musich Channels. I was told that there is an issue with streaming applications that is preventing users from accessing the Music Channels, and that Spectrum engineers are working on a solution.  It took about 20 minutes of time to get that answer.  I won't go into details other than to say the customer service representative did not have a good knowledge of the product, and could not or was not allowed to think for herself. She should have been able to deliver an answer in 5 minutes, tops.

And repeating "I apologize" and "I'm sorry" multiple times comes off as insincere and disingenuous, especially when the person is not even listening or is not capable of understanding your question. There must be a Customer Support Association somewhere that propagates the idea repeating those two phrases will placate customers. I find it annoying, especially when those phrases are not followed up by any meaningful thought on the part of the customer service representative, just reading mindlessly from a script.

Same problem here. I have made numerous phone calls to them with no resolution.
Newcomer

I am considering Spectrum TV Choice?  Could explain how the boxes work?  The ad said no cable box but the rep said I would have to change all my boxes.

Browser

No Spectrum TV boxes are needed, because instead of a set-top box, you are accessing your Spectrum TV choice channels using the Spectrum TV app via a mobile device, Roku connected to a TV, a Smart TV with the Spectrum TV app, etc.  You will need a Spectrum TV box only if you want DVR functionality. If recording shows is not important to you, then you do not need a set top box.

Here is a page that outlines Spectrum TV Choice.  the author, Jared Newman, seems to be pretty well versed in streaming services. The page also has a link to another article he recently wrote about the best streaming services.

The Spectrum representatives I spoke with were not knowledgeable about Spectrum TV Choice.  When I ordered it, the representative kept telling me that it required a set top box - he said his ordering system was not allowing him to place the order without including the set top box. He eventually figured out how to place the order without the box

Below is a cut and paste from the Spectrum page of the devices the app supports.
The page can be found here

The new Spectrum TV App is available on the following platforms:

• Apple devices using iOS 9.0+
  • Devices using Android OS 4.2+
  • Kindle Fire and Kindle Fire HDX (excluding 1st generation Kindle)
  • All Roku players and TVs (excluding 1st generation Roku devices)
  • Xbox One
  • Samsung Smart TV (2012 and newer models

Hope this helps.

Browser

Stuart522 - I have an elderly relative for whom this service is a good fit. The only Music Channel they are interested in is the "Easy Listening" channel. They cannot get out much anymore, so elevator rides for them are a thing of the past.

In general, I agree with you. there are better options than cable TV music channels. But for an older, non technical person, just going to a familiar TV guide and picking the Easy Listening channel is just their speed.

Browser

The missing Music Channels must have been by design. The Spectrum TV Choice. web page no longer lists Music Channels as being included with the service. Link below.

https://www.spectrum.com/choice.html

Browser

Now spectrumtvchoice.com lists 50 Music Channels. I have TV Choice and the music channels were listed in the guide and working last night.