Rookie

DVR with Spectrum TV Choice

I'm trying to find out if I can get DVR service with TV Choice.  I've gotten  2 different answers after calling 2 times.  I would prefer to use my own DVR but have a feeling that is not doable and I'll have to rent one from Spectrum.  Does anyone have any information on this topic?  Can't find anything with an internet search.

I may ask for their sales dept. again (that's how I got signed up to TV Choice) and see if someone there knows better.

18 REPLIES
Lead Moderator

Re: DVR with Spectrum TV Choice

Good afternoon!

Customers who subscribe to the Choice package do have the option to lease a 

Spectrum Receiver or a DVR.  I do not see a provision for leasing a cable card and 

tuning adapter in order to use your own DVR (TiVo or the like). 

Regards,
Julia R.
Spectrum-Social Media Customer Care
Lead Moderator-Community Forums

Helper

I've seen reports that Spectrum Choice can work with a DVR or a CableCard device, just like a normal package.

Participant

The answer is YES to cable box, DVR, and cable card with Spectrum TV Choice.

As an aside, the answer is NO to all with Spectrum TV Stream.

The above answers are "as of now" and could be changed by Spectrum at any time.

Spectrum Employee

Spectrum Choice is a service dedicated to those who are not using local cable boxes, and as such would not be usable with devices that do out of network recording. So while the DVR is still an option, there is not anything I know of as a solution to record without a DVR.

I post on my off hours, away from work and any statements made are my opinions, and do not necessarily reflect the views and beliefs of Spectrum Communications.

Newcomer

Sling, which is comparable to this Choice service uses cloud DVR. I prefer to use my local service (Spectrum) for viewing, and if Spectrum expects to keep customers, they will need to be able to add this feature, soon.
Rookie

I got a Spectrum cable box this weekend and could not get this to work, could not activate the equipment etc.  I called troubleshooting and I was told by the technician that this box would not work with Spectrum Stream (SpectrumTVChoice).  Will anything work - we really like DVR service and will probably cancel SpectrumTVChoice if we are unable to have DVR capability.

There is no way for the 'Spectrum APP' to recognize the equipement etc.  Any help would be appreciated.

Rookie

What do I need to get to be able to record current and future shows with Spectrum streaming only.  Thank you.

Helper

Spectrum Stream and Spectrum Choice are not the same thing.

Highlighted
Rookie

I do have spectrum tv choice.

Returned the dvr Spectrum gave me Saturday but was told someone should have activated it on their end - which they did today.  They were confident it would work for recording.  I won't have time to hook this up until later this evening but will keep everyone informed as to whether it works.