Contributor

A few questions about Spectrum TV choice?

Hi, so I would still like to use a box in my living room and the Roku in my kitchen. Is this possible with this streaming service.  Also, is it as diffcult as the Spectrum App to change channels,  what a hassle,  very slow response, when I need to watch news, let's say.  Also, could some state basically ,hehe, how many channels  you get , so I can make a decent choice. I didn 't know this option existed but am sure it is better than most of those other streaming services, because you get your local channels right???? Thanks for listening and assisting as my annual subscription will be coming up, appreciate it, DR

5 REPLIES
Browser

Re: A few questions about Spectrum TV choice?

Spectrum TV choice with box $6.99  just about $ 35 for Home HDTV

Spectrum Employee

Good evening, 

https://www.spectrumchoicechannels.com/

Input your address and this will give you the details on what exactly will be available for your address.  It will show the local channels, and what 10 choice channels that you can choose from. 

One tip I have noticed on Roku: The IR remote on my Hitachi Roku TV is slow sometimes, but if I use the Roku app on my phone, its considerably fast.  Try out the mobile app and see if it improves your experience. Don't forget favorites make the guide easier when you want to watch the usual stuff.  Set them up. 

Hope this helps.

Ry

Contributor

Thanks for all the assistance, but I would prefer not post my address even in a forum like this.  If I could send it to you some safer way,  I  would surely comply.  OK? The only thngs that concerns me,  is why  Spectrum would rather have people use this Spectrum TV choice insteasd of offering them a decent price for the TV packages....just saying!

Contributor

OH , I see ,that web address does work. I like the choices, but 10, is just a bit too limited. If there were like 15 that would be fine ,so if anyone has any influence  in this regard, that would be helpful, thanks again,

Contributor

well, I spent awhile on the phone with one billing agent and another one he referred me to.  Seems you have to explore this option first as they didn't raise my monthly rate that much as I wasn't in a  discounted bundle. I am going to post in another forum but for those interested....this is why I began this conversation.

I and a few others are older men who quailify for the low income internet assist program, so we were all going to switch  over to that and add Spectrum TV choice as most of us only watch around 25  channels anyways.  However, always a however, ready, you can't even talk to someon e who can tell you about the program and if you quailfy, wow, three months ago, you could.  The one agent says you could to this because you do have the internet.

H ere comes the last however and everyone at Spectrum and our House Rep  from NY, is really angry about this stipulation. You have to turn off your internet for 30 days, to qualify...how does that assist any one, we lose all are connections we have had for years and honestly from helpeing someone last year, it is a  real digital hassle. Well, off to another forum, any added assistance appreciated!