Contributor

Spectrum internet required for mobile

From what I see, Spectrum Internet is required to sign up for the mobile phone service.  Is this specifically Spectrum Internet or does L-TWC Internet count for this?  The phone plans look interesting, but I really don't want to change from my current Triple Play L-TWC account to a Spectrum account. 

Also, any idea of when or if these plans will allow BYO phone? 

2 REPLIES
Trusted Helper

Re: Spectrum internet required for mobile

@ddeerrff wrote:

From what I see, Spectrum Internet is required to sign up for the mobile phone service.  Is this specifically Spectrum Internet or does L-TWC Internet count for this?  The phone plans look interesting, but I really don't want to change from my current Triple Play L-TWC account to a Spectrum account. 

Also, any idea of when or if these plans will allow BYO phone? 

What's up?

On changing over, I was hesitant at first, very much so, as I was perfectly happy with my TWC legacy plan for decades.  Here's the problem though, you can't male any changes to the account without switching to a Spectrum Plan.  Sounds like a sales pitch?  The the thing is that if you stay with your legacy TWC plan, you will never ever be able to get any deals on anything again.  You can swap boxes, modems, and routers on a legacy TWC plan, but you can't add or modify any services on a TWC account.  New codes for TWC are gone, out of the system.

When you are moved up to retail pricing on legacy TWC, the only way you can get any discounts is to go to a Spectrum plan.  I made the switch, from TWC The Very Best Triple Play to Spectrum Gold and saved about $12.

The Spectrum Mobile plan shows promise with the choice of 45/mo unlimited use or the $14/per gig option with the ability to switch at any time with no penalties.  The thing is, I am waiting for, until the plan works with existing i-phones or customers can BYO phone before issuing recommendations.  Would like to know how close we are to that update as well?  Even if just the existing i-phone plan was ready, that would be great.  There is a good starter selection of phones and prices, but the plan just needs to be polished with either:

• Get an i-phone
  • Use your existing mobile phone

Than, Spectrum will be all set with this!

Satch

Community Manager

Re: Spectrum internet required for mobile

@ddeerrff

Specific to your question about Internet, to be eligible for Spectrum Mobile, you need to be a current Internet customer.  Spectrum Internet or Internet service from a legacy company, including L-TWC, qualifies.  As Satch pointed out, you currently need to select from the available Galaxy and LG android phones.   iPhones and BYOD are currently not supported, but there are plans to add both in the near future.  Unfortunately, there is no available timeline currently.