Community Manager

Spectrum Mobile launched 6/30

Spectrum Mobile has launched.  Here is a link to information about this new service: 

Introducing Spectrum Mobile

This link goes directly to the ordering page:

spectrummobile.com

14 REPLIES
Community Manager

Re: Spectrum Mobile launched 6/30

@Satch

I wanted to tag you on this post, since you were asking about it a few weeks ago.  

Trusted Helper

@James_M wrote:

@Satch

I wanted to tag you on this post, since you were asking about it a few weeks ago.  

Thanks!

My first question for reference to the new service.  Do you have to choose one of the mobile phones included on this page to sign up for either plan ?

https://spectrummobile.com/products?tab=devices&page=1

Or are these just examples of phones that Spectrum provides that can be purchased to sign up for the new service?

Satch

Participant

There is no BYOP yet, as far as I can tell.

Now I have a question.

Why does it say $14 is charged in advance, but then it also says there is no charge for the first 100MB?

Community Manager

@Satch

Yes, the mobile phones listed ( Samsung / LG ) are the phones currently available.  In the near future, we will be adding options for Apple iPhones  and to bring your own device.   At this time, you also need to order the phone (online or at a store) and have it delivered.    

One thing I really like is the option to mix the plans,  so that on the same plan one device can be unlimited and another can be by the gig.   It makes a family plan quite customizable, so you can get a data plan that suits your need.     

Community Manager

@Boz1

I will have to look into this and get an answer for you in the next couple days.   

Participant

I guess it's just confusing.  It looks like UT&T and up to 100MB is included for no cost monthly, but it also indicates that the $14/GB is charged in advance.  Is it possible it means that the $14 is charged as soon as 100MB is passed?

Trusted Helper

@James_M wrote:

@Satch

Yes, the mobile phones listed ( Samsung / LG ) are the phones currently available.  In the near future, we will be adding options for Apple iPhones  and to bring your own device.   At this time, you also need to order the phone (online or at a store) and have it delivered.    

One thing I really like is the option to mix the plans,  so that on the same plan one device can be unlimited and another can be by the gig.   It makes a family plan quite customizable, so you can get a data plan that suits your need.     

James,

One thing that needs clarification.  What are those several hundreds of dollars prices on the "Pay When Ships" further down on the sign up and options page?  I looked and that and was like "Whoa!"  "That's so expensive!"  Can you elaborate on that?  The other monthly options seem very reasonable, at least if you go with a lower priced mobile phone  selection.

Satch

Newcomer

How much is the service for Spectrum employees?
Helper

@Satch wrote:

@James_M wrote:

@Satch

James,

One thing that needs clarification.  What are those several hundreds of dollars prices on the "Pay When Ships" further down on the sign up and options page?  I looked and that and was like "Whoa!"  "That's so expensive!"  Can you elaborate on that?  The other monthly options seem very reasonable, at least if you go with a lower priced mobile phone  selection.

Satch

The "pays when ships" option is if you would rather pay for the phone outright without having the monthly fee.