Highlighted
Browser

Spectrum Mobile Data Reportage Vs. Phone Data Reportage

I have the 'by the gig' plan and I'm a little conerned about actual data usage. My device (S9) is only reporting 230mb of data being used, however when I log into my Spectrum mobile account, the report is 0.7gb which I would have to assume is 7xxmb. I work from home, I'm on my home Wi-Fi 24/7 99.9% of every day.  I know 500mb doesn't sound like a lot but it means a lot to me when I don't use that much data, and I don't plan on spending another $14 if I go over the 1gb plan by as little as  1mb. I chose this plan for a reason. 

So - Which data reporting is the most accurate? My device or Spectrum Mobile site?

Spectrum_Data.PNGSpectrum Data ReportScreenshot_20180926-102915_Settings.jpgMobile Data Usage (Device)

3 REPLIES
Community Manager

Re: Spectrum Mobile Data Reportage Vs. Phone Data Reportage

@TheTekHeads

The Spectrum Mobile website shows data usage based on the billing cycle (Sept 6 -Oct 5).  The data usage on your Galaxy defaults to the calendar month, but can be adjusted to any date.  If you change the cycle date on the data usage on your phone to sync with your billing date, the information should be closer.  I also have data notifications enabled to let me know when I'm getting close to data limit (I am also on the by the gig plan).   I also set up the phone to disable data after 1GB, so I don't go over by accident.   Hope this helps.

For direct billing support,  the Spectrum Mobile team can be reached at 1-833-224-6603.  

Browser

Thanks James

Okay so I changed the dates on the phone to sync with the billing cycle, and also set up the phone to disable data after 1GB, so I don't go over by accident (Great tip!)

How long does it take for the phone to 'sync' with actual used data within the billing cycle? After I made the change, its still only reporting the 230mb; Also restarted the device to see if it would have any effect (still showing 230mb). 

Community Manager

I'm not sure.  I would think it would sync immediately. I would suggest contacting Spectrum Mobile support to point out what you are seeing.   Thanks!