Spectator

Phone2Go generates an error message stating that my device has been deactivated

I have seen several threads with this error message.  Phone2go was working fine until I ported a new home phone number to Spectrum.  At that time, Phone2go was generating a busy signal on every phone call placed on my Iphone.  I was instructed to uninstall/reinstall by Spectrum tech support.  I immediately started to get the error message, "This device has been deactivated.  Please login to activate it again."  and opened a ticket with high priority.

It has been over TWO weeks and when I contact Tech Support, I am informed to simply wait until it is resolved.  Two weeks without ANY update is very disappointing to say the least.  I believe that the MAC address of my Iphone is still tied to the old number as I have installed the app on a new android device and the application works fine.  I really need this to work on my Iphone as that is my primary device.

My Iphone is NOT listed in the devices when I logon to the Spectrum web site so I can not delete, remove it, or activate it.  I have uninstalled/reinstalled the application on the Iphone without any success and can logon multiple times and get the same error message.  Somehow the Iphone got deactivated and I need somebody on the Phone2go support team to activate it or remove it from the deactivated list.  Please provide me with a status.

2 REPLIES

Re: Phone2Go generates an error message stating that my device has been deactivated

Hello @arniew

I have checked the ticket for an update and the team working on this has requested to have you attempt to log in once more with the proper credentials and follow the activation instructions once again with a new Nickname.

Let us know if those issues should persist please.

Thank you for your participation in the Forums!

Regards,
Jeremiah S.
Spectrum-Social Media Customer Care
Moderator - Spectrum Community Forums

Spectator

Re: Phone2Go generates an error message stating that my device has been deactivated

I can NOT login, every time I attempt to do this I am presented with the error message that this device is not activated.  When I login to the Spectrum web site, this device is not shown so I can not change its nickname.  I really don't know why the Phone 2 Go support group can not either delete my entire profile or reactivate my Iphone.