Observer

Transferred from TWC to Spectrum

I switched my account over to Spectrum from TWC today, is there anything I need to do on the account side? Does my login information stay the same? Do I get a new account number? I received a list of partner streaming apps but am unable to login to a few that weren't included with my TW plan. Is this just something that might take a little time to migrate over? Just curious.

Thank you.

4 REPLIES
Trusted Helper

Re: Transferred from TWC to Spectrum

@xandercagewrote:

I switched my account over to Spectrum from TWC today, is there anything I need to do on the account side? Does my login information stay the same? Do I get a new account number? I received a list of partner streaming apps but am unable to login to a few that weren't included with my TW plan. Is this just something that might take a little time to migrate over? Just curious.

Thank you.

Hello,

For the Community Forums here and for "My Account." (To check your services online), no there should not be anything changed and you would use the same Username and Password.

You mentioned some applications that you could not activate, that might require Spectrum to look at your account.  To begin investigating this issue, what are the applications and services for which you can not log in or activate?

Satch

Community Manager

@xandercage

Adding to what @Satch said, the account number is tied to the physical address.  Changing to Spectrum Pricing and Packaging (SPP) will not effect the account number or log in credentials.   It can take 24-72 for updated credentials and access to new channels to take effect.  Changing your password will force the network to update and will usually give you access much quicker.  Let us know if you ever need assistance or you can check out Spectrum.net for information.  

Observer

Thanks for the information. It's been a week now and I still haven't been able to access the apps on the list given to me. The error message I get is:

App Unavailable
This app is currently unavailable for Spectrum customers in the former Time Warner Cable service area, but we're working to make it available soon. We're sorry for any inconvenience.

Is it possible that because I'm still in this service area that I will continue to be blocked from accessing these apps/streams? I was under the impression that moving over to Spectrum completely would remove these limitations.
Community Manager

@xandercage,  

For direct assistance with this issue, we encourage you to contact our Social Media Customer Care team:

Twitter: @Ask_Spectrum
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Spectrum