Newcomer

One-Time payment method info saving ! ! !

How is it that all of my credit cards and almost all my utility bills ( except my throw back water co. ) allows a way of saving my method of payment and spectrum does not ?  Every time i come online to pay i have to re-enter my payment account info.  No, i don't want auto-pay.  I want to be able to come online a day i choose and make the payment at the time i choose.  It can't be that difficult to set up can it ?  EVERY credit card and all but "1" utility offers the ability to do this.  Is Spectrum purposely making me go through extra hoops to try and get me to use auto-pay ?  Never gonna happen.

3 REPLIES
Valued Participant

Re: One-Time payment method info saving ! ! !

I think it's just some sort of protection against hacker, but then Spectrum could have encrypted your info. to make it easier for the customers.

Sharer

heroatlarge wrote:

How is it that all of my credit cards and almost all my utility bills ( except my throw back water co. ) allows a way of saving my method of payment and spectrum does not ?  Every time i come online to pay i have to re-enter my payment account info.  No, i don't want auto-pay.  I want to be able to come online a day i choose and make the payment at the time i choose.  It can't be that difficult to set up can it ?  EVERY credit card and all but "1" utility offers the ability to do this.  Is Spectrum purposely making me go through extra hoops to try and get me to use auto-pay ?  Never gonna happen.

I use Auto Pay with a Credit Card, whose balance is paid in full each month - so no interest charges, and I get my Rewards Points.  I also get a $1 per month paperless bill credit.

I know you don't want AutoPay, and I can see that logic should you debit from a savings or checking account, but by using the Credit Card Method, you are also afforded the protection of the Credit card Company should something go wrong (such as hackers).

For the record, my propane company doesn't allow me to save payment methods, either..  So I understand the frustration.

Sharer

I use the MY TWC app on iOS and it allows me to save my credit card data.