MY ACCOUNT - We're sorry but your request has failed in the troubleshooting section

I heard this was a common error.   When will it be fixed

-also update the retail rates to actually show all the rates. It's missing information.

7 REPLIES
Contributor

Re: MY ACCOUNT - We're sorry but your request has failed in the troubleshooting section

I received a "password change request" email from them yesterday, which I didn't request so after a 20 minute conversation with them (Spectrum) they have no clue why I got that email.

There is goofiness going on I guess.

Mark in Austin Tx.
TWC, turbo internet, phone & cable
Established Sharer

Re: MY ACCOUNT - We're sorry but your request has failed in the troubleshooting section

marklyn wrote:

I received a "password change request" email from them yesterday, which I didn't request so after a 20 minute conversation with them (Spectrum) they have no clue why I got that email.

There is goofiness going on I guess.

If you received a password change request email my first thought is someone tried to hack your account and clicked on the link for "forgot password", which would send you an email asking you to confirm it was really you before allowing the change.

Contributor

My first thought too but the Spectrum drone explained that someone would need to know my the answers to two questions I would only know.  It is extremely unlikely that anyone, even a close friend, would know those answers.  If they called Spectrum, the same questions would have been asked of them, again, no way anyone would know those answers. So, without that, you can't even generate a password reset... that is what is odd.

Mark in Austin Tx.
Established Sharer

marklyn wrote:

My first thought too but the Spectrum drone explained that someone would need to know my the answers to two questions I would only know.  It is extremely unlikely that anyone, even a close friend, would know those answers.  If they called Spectrum, the same questions would have been asked of them, again, no way anyone would know those answers. So, without that, you can't even generate a password reset... that is what is odd.

Well...there is something good on Spectrum. Robot tongue I've had a couple of accounts with other companies that seemed to be frequent targets and I had to reset the passwords twice a week. So annoying.

Expert

[ Edited ]

Change your p[assword... Please report back if that fixed the problem, this is peer to peer support and a couple of us are going buy memory, lol. Woman Frustrated

Contributor

I should have mentioned that I did change my pw but still the fact that Spectrum can't tell how this happened, from what IP and even "when" it happened scares me.  They are the ones providing me with internet so you'd think they'd have the know how and ability to pin down what/why this happened. sigh.

Mark in Austin Tx.
Established Sharer

The problem is that the one's with the ability and know how to be able to pin down the issue aren't customer facing and the info will probably never make it up to the CSRs unless it's a widespread issue.