Rookie

Can't login to Spectrum.net - Redirect Loop

After a successful login, the page automatically logs me out and redirects back to login page.

I know the user + password is correct because when it's incorrect it fails and shows an error message.

I just moved yesterday and had service transferred, I am guessing this might be related since it was working as of a few days ago.

See attached GIF:
spectrum.gif

6 REPLIES
Rookie

Re: Can't login to Spectrum.net - Redirect Loop

This has been happening to me for a bit now.

It isn't because the service is new. I have been paying my bill online for months, and since the change over to Spectrum from TWC this has happened to me twice now. It has been like this for over a week this time (as far as I can tell).

I am going to go pay in person now because it is late.  

I hope they can fix this issue. I pay online because of convenience as I think most people do nowadays. 

Community Manager

@guitalarico

You are correct, it is related to the move.  Account numbers are associated with the physical address.  When you move or transfer service, a new account number is assigned.  Since the old account number is associated with your login, you are not able to login successfully.   If you contact support directly, we can help.  In most cases the new account number can be associated with the login.   If not then a new login will need to be created.   

Please contact us at: 

Highlighted
Rookie

THanks for the reply. We did move but it was back in August and I was able to pay online up until November....

strange. 

I will contact support directly.

Newcomer

Really? I haven't moved or transferred anything for two years and I can't sign in.
Lead Moderator

@Bandofbarnes  If that is not the case for you we encourage you to 

contact our Social Media team for further assistance. 

Regards,
Julia R.
Spectrum-Social Media Customer Care
Lead Moderator-Community Forums

Rookie

James_M wrote:

You are correct, it is related to the move.  Account numbers are associated with the physical address.  When you move or transfer service, a new account number is assigned.  Since the old account number is associated with your login, you are not able to login successfully. 

Unfortunately, this is correct.

The solution was to create a new user login from scratch linked to the new account number (new address)

James_M wrote:

If you contact support directly, we can help.  In most cases the new account number can be associated with the login.   If not then a new login will need to be created.    

I contacted customer support online and by phone and in both instances I was told it was not possible to associate my old user account with the new account number.

The only alternative suggested by the customer representative was to contact some other department who could "release" my old username so the new account could it use it.

I decided to create a new alternative username instead.