Highlighted
Newcomer

What to do with equipment after service.

I bought a camera, motion detector and 2 door sensors. I am moving to an area where TWC doesn't service and have to cancel my service. I don't know what can I do this equipment afterwards. Is there a way I can sell them? Thanks

5 REPLIES
Expert

Re: What to do with equipment after service.

All of that equipment is useable elsewhere on a different system

The camera has direct wifi access, unsure about the sensors.

google their mfg/model #'s   Some will take a reset to default command to get out the twc passwords.

and yes if you own it you can sell it. The TWC modem/router is theirs though.

Spectrum Employee

Yah, the security equipment if purchased in the last 5 years, is most likely compatible with another security companies system. You can usually get a nice discount with a system "takeover". Otherwise, post them online for sale. Someone interested in intelligentHome might grab them up to save some money as the equipment is not cheap outside the initial equipment bundles offered if you get additional equipment (more than 1 camera, more than 2 sensors, etc.) But yah, the equipment is yours except for the Tablet, modem, and router used to connect and monitor the system.

I am a Spectrum employee but my posts are my own thoughts and opinions
Expert

What about the "Free Tablets" that TWC was giving out as part of the promo's?

Spectrum Employee

If a customer received a Free tablet from a sign-up promo, that is theirs to keep. Those were usually the Dell 2-in-1 combo tablet/laptops. The Intelligent home comes with a very bare bones tablet that is only used for our systems.

I am a Spectrum employee but my posts are my own thoughts and opinions

Is there a process to zero them out? Does it have to be an iControl system or will any Zigbee system work?