Rookie

Selling Home, How can I seamlessly transfer Alarm to new owners

So I sold my house and escrow will close soon. 

Power is in my name.

Internet & Alarm system are both with Time Warner.

Any tips on which steps and in which order to take to seamlessly transfer the alarm over to the new owners?

Example:  Step 1> transfer power to new owner same day??  Step 2> new owner gets his internet provider? etc.

Once escrow closes and the money is in the bank, I'm out of the house and handing keys over, but I'm not the type to just say "See ya". I want to help the new owner seamlessly transition and keep the alarm active since the house is selling with fairly new appliances. 

Thanks.

2 REPLIES
Participant

Re: Selling Home, How can I seamlessly transfer Alarm to new owners

They need to setuo to have it installed same day as close.  Alarm has to go to their name. They will have to pay for install unless there is some special running for free install.  Let them know if it hard wired or wireless.  That will effect time needed for install. 

Rookie

Re: Selling Home, How can I seamlessly transfer Alarm to new owners

Sorry I wasn't clearer: The house I sold is my house. I'm still living here and Alarm/cameras/etc. are lready installed and in place at the house. Between my moving out and the new owners moving in is when I'm trying to seamlessly transfer over the alarm system from me to the new owners.