Spectator

Hub and Bridges

Why doesn't Spectrum offer a bridge or HUB.

They refuse to put sensors in my garage, citing distance. Furthermore I have a camera at my gate that drops out every now and then, which they now want to hard wire.

Wouldn't a bridge solve both these problems.

Really need security on my garage, and they simple refuse to help.

2 REPLIES
Sharer

Re: Hub and Bridges

[ Edited ]

johnandjules wrote:

Why doesn't Spectrum offer a bridge or HUB.

They refuse to put sensors in my garage, citing distance. Furthermore I have a camera at my gate that drops out every now and then, which they now want to hard wire.

Wouldn't a bridge solve both these problems.

Really need security on my garage, and they simple refuse to help.

It's probably not included, and is an extra - and they don't want to do it.  Besides, I am under the impression that Intellihome is no longer being supported by Spectrum, but if you have it, you can keep it.

http://stopthecap.com/2016/06/16/charter-considering-pulling-plug-time-warners-intelligent-home-secu...

http://www.multichannel.com/news/distribution/charter-we-ll-continue-support-twc-home-security-subs/...

Yes, these are old articles, but if I were employed by TWC in the business of installing and maintainingthese systems, and I was told that CSR's are no longer selling / pushing the service, I'd have packed up and left for greener pastures.  They may not have enough knowledgeable staff on-hand to even correct these problems.

How long have you had it?

Expert

Re: Hub and Bridges

[ Edited ]

Hire a real security company.

Wireless does not work well  if at all, especially if temperatures drop below freezing on the battery garbage sensors I've seen. If the garage is unheated, that's why they won't install sensors in any northern states.

As for the gate, it has power for the camera, can you run an ethernet cable out to it as well or use a Pwrline ethernet adapter?

Again job for a real security company which TWC was not.