Cat set off motion detector/alarm TWICE while on vacation. Police came and now I am getting charged.

Doesnt TWC claim that their sensors are pet friendly? I feel as if they should be financially responsible for the bill I am recieving from the city for faulty equipment. Our cat has never set the alarm off in the entire year of us having the system. and when watching the playback, he was just walking around. We were on a cruise and had no service so we could not be reached by phone but listed our house sitter on the contact list. 

2 REPLIES
Community Manager

Re: Cat set off motion detector/alarm TWICE while on vacation. Police came and now I am getting char

I apologize for your frustration.  With Intelligent Home, there are settings to accommodate pets in the home while the system is armed.  Because we cannot access Intelligent Home accounts in Social Media, we ask that you contact Intelligent Home directly at 1-855-892-4444. 

Thank you for your participation in the Forums!

James M.
TWC-Social Media Customer Care
Forum Moderator

Expert

Re: Cat set off motion detector/alarm TWICE while on vacation. Police came and now I am getting char

The sensitivity is set too high, the patern of IR motion detectors is set too low and if the cat scratched glass, that can set off glass break detectors.

Motion sensors have lenses to vary the pickup patern. Sounds like it was set wrong.

Cats have a slightly higher body temperature than humans and have an IR footprint of a small child., other option is to keep the cat out of the rooms where the sensors are.